Thread: Radeon Driver Gets R500 TV-Out Support

Default Radeon Driver Gets R500 TV-Out Support

Phoronix: Radeon Driver Gets R500 TV-Out Support

The open-source R500 support from the Radeon driver, now includes TV-Out capabilities. Through a series of three commits this morning to the xf86-video-ati git tree, TV-Out support is now detected through the AtomBIOS...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=NjI2NQ

Wow, this is exactly what i wanted... only need to wait for them to add opengl performance that is almost equal to the closed source driver, and i'll be switching over.

So how do I go about installing this particular driver? I'm running Fedora 8 with an ati x1950pro agp.
    Previously, I ran ubuntu 7.10 and i was able to get the radeonHD driver via git. How would I get this driver via git on Fedora 8?

Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by LucasG15 View Post
    So how do I go about installing this particular driver? I'm running Fedora 8 with an ati x1950pro agp.
    Previously, I ran ubuntu 7.10 and i was able to get the radeonHD driver via git. How would I get this driver via git on Fedora 8?

Any help would be appreciated.

Pretty much the same installation steps... just use yum instead of apt-get for getting git and slight modifications to the names of the package dependencies. The same compilation steps should work.