Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition to Ban Qaridarium

I think the problem is that Qaridarium's posts are disrespectful to this community. I've never seen him agree with anyone and his responses to all who dissent are full of mockery and childish attacks. For example, a good argument is like a well balanced meal. One could say that Qaridarium's arguments may have some nutritional value, but there's always a steaming pile of unrecognizable profane garbage taking up 50 to 75 percent of the plate.

I don't know, I don't participate in this forum enough to come up with a rational proof that Qaridarium is a troll (only my opinion). But, from my brief readings of his posts, all I read are derailing posts that never deal with the core issue that the OP described. They're just provoking and distracting to the real content I'm after.

I firmly believe that Qaridarium contributes nothing useful - his signal to noise ratio wouldn't be registered anywhere else (a nod to the ban in the Heroes of Newerth forums).

Quote Originally Posted by curaga View Post
    So what if Q and B have arguments about drivers, that's on-topic.
    Arguments are fine. Repeatedly claiming I said things which I didn't - not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by curaga View Post
    Neither has done anything ban-worthy.
    Agree it's not ban-worthy but it sure is annoying

I miss the good old days when parents / managers / friends / moderators would "guide" behavior by identifying where lines were crossed and telling the person to get back to the other side of the line or <insert unspoken threat> would happen.

Seems like our "social control systems" have become much less sophisticated these days -- from PID 30 years ago to "bang-bang" today. I don't think banning Q makes sense, but his behaviour patterns do vary pretty widely, from being one of the more thoughtful posters down to hostile periods where his posts remind me of nothing more than a Dalek shrieking "EXTERMINATE, EXTERMINATE".

If there was a poll option for "a bit more of the former and a bit less of the latter" that's what I would pick.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgman View Post
    Seems like our "social control systems" have become much less sophisticated these days -- from PID 30 years ago to "bang-bang" today. I don't think banning Q makes sense, but his behaviour patterns do vary pretty widely, from being one of the more thoughtful posters down to hostile periods where his posts remind me of nothing more than a Dalek shrieking "EXTERMINATE, EXTERMINATE".
    Totally agree about the behavior patterns... Some of his posts are significantly more thoughtful than most people realize, but most of them are steaming piles of crap. Banning him would just be silly. IMO, the OP needs to get a life, and quit freaking out about a forum member that has been here a much longer time than he/she has.

signed.

he ruins most topics.

Arguments are fine. Repeatedly claiming I said things which I didn't - not so much.
    well well the Advocatus Diaboli is speaking
    the claiming you said things which you didn't say is closer to the truth than your dodge in politically correct ways.

why is this a full joke:
    If the OEMs says to amd that they do not need support linux because the market share is too low to be equal but in the same time they calculate the marketshare that linux is a unauthorized windows copy and to cheat even more they don't count the greatest linux distribution with the name "Andorid" and this only because they don't builds the hardware and its the evil competitive company to amd and these companys just want to kill the Wintel Alliance (AMD+INTEL+Microsoft) then the whole think is just ridiculous!

the Linux market share is much higher than you can admit it and you only fear this because they want to kill "i386-X86_64" and you lose your job!

i personalty do have customers who STOP buying INTEL+AMD+Microsoft and start to buy ASUS Transformer ARM+Nvidia+Google(Linux)

and they do exactly the SAME what they dit with there AMD notebooks/netbooks+windows or ubuntu in the Past but you stil do not count andorid as a Linux distribution

this is just stupid because THESE ARE competitive companies to AMD and these are competitive products to the AMD products !

cheating on marketshare with bullshit like "linux=unauthorized windows copy " and "Andorid is not a linux" will not help your company!

and i personally start to feel like a victim by amd because in the same time catalyst drop support for the hd2000-hd4000 series the radeon driver also drop improvements for hd2000-hd4000 the essential shader compiler and shader cache is hd5000-hd6000 only and because the main interrest is in openCL hd2000-hd4000 hardware will maybe never get a solution.

this means for my in HON with my hd4770 13fps and other people with similar cards hd6770 get 40-50fps only because of the "shader compiler"

this means i buyed my hd3870 back in 2007 for the trashcan and my hd4670 in my brothers pc also for the trashcan and my hd4770 also for the trashcan. only because of the "OpenCL" Focused Planed obsolescence Politic

if ARM shows up with a 64bit solution in 2014 be sure i think about buying ANTI-WINTEL-Alliance next time no mater how bad the hardware do perform.

Asus Transformer the death of the Company so called AMD. because they have not taken seriously: "linux"
    Last edited by Qaridarium; 06-12-2012 at 08:25 PM.

Agree it's not ban-worthy but it sure is annoying

I miss the good old days when parents / managers / friends / moderators would "guide" behavior by identifying where lines were crossed and telling the person to get back to the other side of the line or <insert unspoken threat> would happen.

If there was a poll option for "a bit more of the former and a bit less of the latter" that's what I would pick.
    He is pissed off by the driver, you are working on. Aggression as result of impotence, hate as result of absence of love (to the code). Simple as that.
    If I'd be in your chair, I would hire him as a coordinator and see what he can do to improve your organization, allow him to do minor goods or faults and just see if it works out. Because he is fanatical about your company regardless how bad stuff you do is. Maybe you lack.. fanatism, that he has. I don't know.

Qaridarium is an internet imbecile.

Welcome to the WWW.

Deal with it in 1... 2... 3... Go!

Problem solved.

F

I would have to agree with the ban. I like this website and the forum has a lot of great information and discussion. But, I'm just tired of seeing his posts. After reading one or two of his responses in a thread, I often stop reading. It really detracts from the experience of this forum. I suppose I should just add him to my ignore list...

Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by crazycheese View Post
    He is pissed off by the driver, you are working on. Aggression as result of impotence, hate as result of absence of love (to the code). Simple as that.
    He's not pissed off about the driver, he's simply pissed off and overreacts to anything that doesn't line up with his imaginary utopian world view. He's the sort that overreacts to the cracks in the pavement.

If I'd be in your chair, I would hire him as a coordinator and see what he can do to improve your organization, allow him to do minor goods or faults and just see if it works out. Because he is fanatical about your company regardless how bad stuff you do is. Maybe you lack.. fanatism, that he has. I don't know.
    I would recommend that Qar spark a Jay, buy a Mac, and stop sweating the trivial details of life. Then climb a mountain on a journey of self discovery, and find someone with the same direction. Then spend the rest of their lives together and raise children with the wisdom that his prior disposition was all a big mistake. If a ban is something that helps in this end, then I am in favor.

I assure you that giving Qar a water-boy tech job, especially having seen his capacity for communication and conflict resolution, wouldn't be doing anyone a favor.

F

One day I'll reach Alaska, or die trying!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by drag View Post
    Forum finally loses whatever lingering usefulness it may have had at one point.
    Well fucking said.