Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition to Ban Qaridarium

Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    Why is it so hard adding him to your "ignore list" in Phoronix's control panel?
    If somebody is on your block list the effects of their comments can still be seen (derailed threads, replies to them, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by archibald View Post
    If somebody is on your block list the effects of their comments can still be seen (derailed threads, replies to them, etc.).
    sadly that is true.

Q, why are you always got an excuse for each bit of criticism people are posting about you? I echo the sentiment of all the other posters in this thread by saying you should tone it all down and be constructive in your criticisms of bridgman and AMD in general. All that whining isn't going to help one bit and it makes you look rather like a foolish troll.

Also lay off the drugs as they are bad, mmmmkay!

I actually have a few thoughts on this;
    1) Q is certainly an oddball. Keeps this place alive. If you can't deal with the contents of his posts, DON'T READ THEM. I, for one, welcome the controversy he brings.
    2) He CAN'T be banned. There are some oddities with the law that makes this a very VERY bad idea. Specifically, regulating an internet forum like this has the legal effect of ASSUMING RESPONSIBILITY over the contents, which means that you need to crack down on EVERYTHING. If you leave it a free-for-all, then even if you're in charge of the forum, you aren't responsible for the contents.

I find the topic of this thread to be offensive, and I do suggest to the author that, whoever you are, you are a total douchbag.

Quote Originally Posted by DeepDayze View Post
    Also lay off the drugs as they are bad, mmmmkay!
    my health status prohibits me to take drugs like "Beer/Alcohol" like Michael so i really fear drugs like alcohol,morphine,energy drings, coffe, chocolate and im allergic against cigarettes and marijuana so really i'm maybe the most drugfree person you've ever met.

Actually, I have to salute Phoronix for not banning him or anyone. So far in my years here, I haven't seen anyone (I know of) banned, nor anyone silenced, no one's posts were edited so far as I know, no manipulations were made. Even my own posts which are sometimes very critical of this site or of what some users here say were never altered or censored in any form or manner. You have to credit Phoronix for really being democratic in this respect.

Of course, you can interpret it like that and you could also say that more posts on the forum are more income, etc. I think I also hinted at that at a certain point. But I'm probably the furthest away from a conspiracy theorist so I would have to go with the democratic variant, after all.

I also agree with NOT banning Q. He is annoying and hard to read (I didn't know he has a syndrome until now), but he often is right and has useful info. And can produce a logic sentence

Q, what is annoying in your posts is that you often write too much. You should reply shortly and with on-topic info. But what you do on a topic about something is write one useful sentence to the topic and then you add another 10 starting at bashing Bridgman due to his Vista laptop and ending with the size of AMD OSS dev team. It does not mean those 10 lines are not right. But when you post this same info into all threads and many of your posts, it gets annoying.
    So please try not to repeat so much (and in the aggressive way it appears to be) then everybody may be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by aceman View Post
    I also agree with NOT banning Q. He is annoying and hard to read (I didn't know he has a syndrome until now), but he often is right and has useful info. And can produce a logic sentence
    Remember that it is very likely his syndrome is completely imaginary, or an outright lie. This is the internet, after all.

F

Q's erratic behavior comes from a drug issue. He has fried his brain by taking too much GHB and other chemical drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by russofris View Post
    his syndrome is completely imaginary, or an outright lie.
    you do have 5000 phoronix posts to check this and i use wikipedia,google,spellchecking and i ask friends sometimes how to write and i still can not write an a level to make the people happy.

Quote Originally Posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
    Q's erratic behavior comes from a drug issue. He has fried his brain by taking too much GHB and other chemical drugs.
    what is the logic problem in your sentence here i can tell you this:

the facts show: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamma-Hydroxybutyric_acid

that this substance is used to narcotize children, women with unborn children, humans with liver damage and they use a much higher dosage to narcotize people than the Drug use dosage is.

it is an approved drug and has been shown no cause of brain damage!

because its impossible to "Fried the brain" with GHB but you will still claim this lie in the future.

in fact you are just a Liar! you lie to abuse me!