Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: why do the nativ linux clind of Heroes of Newearth not work with the radeon driver?

Default why do the nativ linux clind of Heroes of Newearth not work with the radeon driver?

hi the windows version in wine do well but the nativ linux version do not run!...

error message:

ass@ass-GA-790XT-USB3:~/HoN$ /home/ass/HoN/hon.sh
    warning: The VAD has been replaced by a hack pending a complete rewrite
    libGL error: failed to load driver: r600
    libGL error: Try again with LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose for more details.
    libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
    libGL error: Try again with LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose for more details.
    K2 - Fatal Error: ARB_vertex_buffer_object not available.

Quick googling reveals this is specific to all S2 games and occurs also on nvidia hardware with closed drivers of specific versions.

"this message is not from savage2. it's from an old lib that is used by savage2 and early versions of hon."

1) Try removing all local library versions from ./libs-x86, except these two:libfmodex.so libpng14.so.14

2) Try fixing configuration:
    echo 'SetSave "gl_modesetting" ""' > ~/.Heroes\ of\ Newerth/game/startup.cfg

3) Try disabling antialiasing

Quote Originally Posted by crazycheese View Post
    Quick googling reveals this is specific to all S2 games and occurs also on nvidia hardware with closed drivers of specific versions.

"this message is not from savage2. it's from an old lib that is used by savage2 and early versions of hon."

1) Try removing all local library versions from ./libs-x86, except these two:libfmodex.so libpng14.so.14
    i follow this and then i get this error message:

./hon-x86_64: error while loading shared libraries: libcurl.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

and then i installed the libcurl3 package of my distro and now the nativ hon clind run.

thank you very much

but why is the HON linux support so bad that they don't fix this in there "installer" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    i follow this and then i get this error message:

./hon-x86_64: error while loading shared libraries: libcurl.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

and then i installed the libcurl3 package of my distro and now the nativ hon clind run.

thank you very much

but why is the HON linux support so bad that they don't fix this in there "installer" ?
    Go ask them. Actually, I would do it myself, but I am so lazy... Still on catalyst because of this laziness.

Quote Originally Posted by Hirager View Post
    Go ask them. Actually, I would do it myself, but I am so lazy... Still on catalyst because of this laziness.
    i'm banned in the HON linux-support-forum because i write about there bad linux support.

i'm banned in the HON linux-support-forum because i write about there bad linux support.
    Yes, this is what I slightly personally dislike in your posts. Its better to write how to fix, instead of complain how bad it is. Complaining alone gets nowhere. Except, you offer a lot of approaches and they are all either ignored or closed with "wontfix" / "notbug" / "worksforme".

Btw how are framerates?

PS
    Issue with libcurl is actually widely spread (urban terror, for example), because some developers are "brilliant" enough to link to some specific library version.
    Like "libcurl.so.3". No wonder it fails.
    The sane way, is always link to "libcurl.so", and to demand that "libcurl.so" is symlink to current "libcurl" implementation on this system.
    I think, Gentoo does this, whilst Ubuntu not.

Yes, this is what I slightly personally dislike in your posts. Its better to write how to fix, instead of complain how bad it is. Complaining alone gets nowhere. Except, you offer a lot of approaches and they are all either ignored or closed with "wontfix" / "notbug" / "worksforme".

Btw how are framerates?

PS
    Issue with libcurl is actually widely spread (urban terror, for example), because some developers are "brilliant" enough to link to some specific library version.
    Like "libcurl.so.3". No wonder it fails.
    The sane way, is always link to "libcurl.so", and to demand that "libcurl.so" is symlink to current "libcurl" implementation on this system.
    I think, Gentoo does this, whilst Ubuntu not.
    you blame me for something what you don't understand because i dot not complaining alone without writing how to fix it.

they banned me because i proved the windows clind in wine run 4-5 times faster than the nativ clind and i call for fix this in this way: drop the linux clind and fire out the incompetent linux support and go with the windows clind in wine.

just to make sure the "Right" people lost there "job"

and there reaction was: ""wontfix" / "notbug" / "worksforme"." ban ->Qaridarium...

Btw how are framerates?
    Nativ linux clind: lobby 24-29fps practice game 1 player alone start position: ~18fps.

edit: with resolution: 1900x1200
    Last edited by Qaridarium; 06-12-2012 at 12:16 PM.

Nativ linux clind: lobby 24-29fps practice game 1 player alone start position: ~18fps.

edit: with resolution: 1900x1200
    with all settings on ULTRA/very high without AF or AA with 1900x1200 pixels i got ~11fps in practice game 1 player start position

graphic card : hd4770 kernel 3.5rc2 + oibaf ppa with a phenomII x4 @3,8ghz

impressive speed