Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AMD To Put An ARM Core On Future Fusion APUs

Where are the AMD representatives? When are they going to explain why they are breaking the trust between us the customers/users and AMD the producer/vendor?

Quote Originally Posted by linux5850 View Post
    Where are the AMD representatives? When are they going to explain why they are breaking the trust between us the customers/users and AMD the producer/vendor?
    in bridgman words: you are not a amd customer because of this amd don't give a fuck about you only the OEM's and board partners are REAL customers for AMD and they like to fuck the end-user

because of this AMD joining them in FUCK us!

Aw crap. Now Im depressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Drago View Post
    Stop fucking with us AMD. For entire my computer related history I always buy AMD cpus. Don't make me change that.
    Oh, and other people often cosult me about pc purchases.
    I hope you're not threatening to buy Intel or ARM instead of AMD, because all AMD is doing is bringing feature parity with Intel and ARM. If you were refering about going Longsoon, well, that's another story. Those Longsoon3 chips sure sound like an interesting choise, if they will ever be released.

Quote Originally Posted by uid313 View Post
    Fuck that!
    Yep, AMD has just lost my business.

i give this trustzone crap 6 months tops until is completely hacked/reverse enginiered and nullfied in linux/windows and AMD will be posting sad faces for burning a crap load of cash(and they don't exactly have lots!!! AMD CEO don't read google finance and look for AMD stocks???) for an absolutely useless feature.

so i imagine this "hackers laughing to their heart content while AMD stocks shares plumb even lower", it not enough warning the 3 billion of version of BluRAY DRM attempts getting hacked before the actual disc get in the store?? or maybe this is another useless attempt from the MAFIAA and AMD is doing it for the free cash ??

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    and i personally start to feel like a victim by amd because in the same time catalyst drop support for the hd2000-hd4000 series the radeon driver also drop improvements for hd2000-hd4000 the essential shader compiler and shader cache is hd5000-hd6000 only and because the main interrest is in openCL hd2000-hd4000 hardware will maybe never get a solution.
    Why do you even say things like this ? I'm sure you know better... the shader cache changes were for 6xx/7xx as well and nothing has been dropped from shader compiler. Maybe you're confusing shader cache with backend setup fixes and OpenCL support with graphics shader compiler ?

Quote Originally Posted by bridgman View Post
    Why do you even say things like this ? I'm sure you know better... the shader cache changes were for 6xx/7xx as well and nothing has been dropped from shader compiler. Maybe you're confusing shader cache with backend setup fixes and OpenCL support with graphics shader compiler ?
    maybe but my benchmarks and gaming experience call me that the shader compiler is broken for hd2000-hd4000

last time oibaf activated the the shader compiler all my games "crash"

maybe a bug. why not fix this bug ?

Huh ? Are you talking about the LLVM shader compiler ? That is intended for :

- graphics on SI and above

- OpenCL on Evergreen and above (since earlier GPUs don't have full HW)

- experimental for graphics on 6xx-NI (may become default in future if it works out well)

The "5000 and above" line is for OpenCL, not for graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgman View Post
    Huh ? Are you talking about the LLVM shader compiler ? That is intended for :

- graphics on SI and above

- OpenCL on Evergreen and above (since earlier GPUs don't have full HW)

- experimental for graphics on 6xx-NI (may become default in future if it works out well)

The "5000 and above" line is for OpenCL, not for graphics.
    bullshit AMD them self manage to get OpenCL on hd4000 hardware to run! by emulating 1 nvidia spezific cache in vram and using the vertex shaders to emulate the full OpenCL hardware.
    also a full openCL emulation in openGL via shaders is also possible. you just need to emulate the 2 NVIDIA specific (geforce8800) caches in VRAM…

so this "The "5000 and above" line is for OpenCL, not for graphics." is just bullshit.

my hardware (hd4770)do have:
    650 shaders and 750mhz and 51,2GB/s and i get 13fps in HON
    other people with (hd6770) 800shaders+800mhz and 76,8GB/s get ~50fps....

13fps vs ~50 fps ? ? ? ? and he do have the shader compiler working. because the shader compiler works for hd5000-hd6000 cards.