Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FBLOG: A Frame-Buffer Driver Just For Kernel Logs

Quote Originally Posted by uid313 View Post
    Maybe still possible in user-space with process priority / nice levels.

Giving the process the highest priority or real-time priority.
    Or maybe we can stop wasting time on inventing solutions to fake problems. Until someone can clarify what we gain from this, and how it radically overshadows what we lose, this is just wasted effort.

Relying on user space priority is a decent hypothesis, but anything in userspace could potentially have that very same niceness and priority. It's about as good as I expected, but that's about it.

Or maybe we can stop wasting time on inventing solutions to fake problems. Until someone can clarify what we gain from this, and how it radically overshadows what we lose, this is just wasted effort.
    Why bling of course! One of those "userspace terminal replacements", fbterm I think, brings things like TrueType fonts(tm), animated wallpapers(tm), integrated screen(tm)-like functionality(tm) and the kitchen sink.

Personally I'm waiting for it to have ads and geolocation.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
    Agreed. Ctrl+Alt+F1 has saved my butt too many times to count when I've messed up my X session... or when in a full-screen app which captures all other inputs (preventing work space switching).