Codeweavers Crossover Upgrade Release: Week of 6-17-12
Codeweavers is currently testing an upgrade to their current production version of Crossover, and it is slated for release sometime next week. Here is a short laundry list of the features:
- Fedora 17 improvements, including:
- Support for Udisks2; and
- CrossOver installer will now detect whether perl is present prior to install. (CrossOver requires perl, and Fedora 17 does not include it by default).
- Better detection of correct libpng versions on some distros,
including Arch Linux.
- Fixed an error uninstalling packages from the Ubuntu Software
Center, as well as custom packages built with cxrepackage.
- Suggest zypper package manager on Suse linux (instead of yast).
- Added support for Microsoft Visio 2010.
- Integration of Wine 1.4.1, which includes many,
many bug fixes and translation improvements over Wine 1.4.0,
as well as improved translations for many languages.
- Bug fix for microphone detection for Rosetta Stone 3.
- Fix a crash for certain files PowerPoint 2010.
- Improvements to Japanese input when running IE 7.
- Improvements to graphics card detection.
- Allow for graphics driver detection in CrossTie files.
- When exe's are double clicked by a user it will open CrossOver's
installer by default now instead of cxrun
Note: Diablo III runs under Crossover with both Fglrx and Nvidia factory drivers. For an approximate list of what Crossover runs, look at the following gold rated items: