Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: KDE's Rekonq Browser Nears 1.0 w/ New Features

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    15,133

    Default KDE's Rekonq Browser Nears 1.0 w/ New Features

    Phoronix: KDE's Rekonq Browser Nears 1.0 w/ New Features

    A "tech preview" of KDE's Rekonq version 1.0 web-browser has been released...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTExOTI

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    353

    Default

    even if browsers like reqong and epiphany cured cancer they are utterly useless because of the chance that some websites won't load properly. unless there are some radical cross-browser standardization these 300+ browsers will be unsung heroes.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by garegin View Post
    even if browsers like reqong and epiphany cured cancer they are utterly useless because of the chance that some websites won't load properly. unless there are some radical cross-browser standardization these 300+ browsers will be unsung heroes.
    That's why they all use the Webkit engine for both layout and javascript, making the chances of compatibility very high.

    Besides, there aren't any browsers out there that can load 100% of websites. Personally I use 1 main browser but occasionally use a couple others at times, so I certainly wouldn't consider that to make a browser useless anyway. (none of those 3 include reqonq or epiphany)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    353

    Default

    i knew i would get that reply. chrome and safari use webkit and you get random errors on both.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by garegin View Post
    i knew i would get that reply. chrome and safari use webkit and you get random errors on both.
    That's my point. You also get random errors on Firefox, and there are even sites that don't work in IE.

    So what was your point again?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    3,798

    Default

    Yey, another browser no one needs. Can't wait.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RealNC View Post
    Yey, another browser no one needs.
    For those folks looking for a Wekit browser that integrates nicely with KDE, rekonq fills that niche.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DanL View Post
    For those folks looking for a Wekit browser that integrates nicely with KDE, rekonq fills that niche.
    For folks looking for any dedicated web browser that integrates nicely with KDE, rekonq fills that niche.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,709

    Default

    I would prefer it if all those browsers died and all this work was put into porting firefox to qt (or efl or gtk3 for the matter). But anyways.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 89c51 View Post
    I would prefer it if all those browsers died and all this work was put into porting firefox to qt (or efl or gtk3 for the matter). But anyways.
    It's been tried several times at least, but it never got very far. But even if it was ported to Qt, it still wouldn't be integrated with KDE, that is a completely separate issue and a completely separate set of changes.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •