Thread: FGLRX doesn't recognize 7750M on HP Envy 15

Hybrid View

Default FGLRX doesn't recognize 7750M on HP Envy 15

I've just bought a new HP Envy 15t-3200 (ivy) and am trying to get fglrx running on it, but no ati tools seem willing to recognize that it's a supported device. It's supposedly running a 7750M chip (along with an intel muxless I assume ...)
    Code:
    $ amdconfig --initial
    amdconfig: No supported drivers detected
    It's got a weird ID string in lspci:
    Code:
    $ lspci -nn | grep VGA
    00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation Ivy Bridge Graphics Controller [8086:0166] (rev 09)
    01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI Device [1002:682f]
    I've tried the 12.4 drivers (both through Ubuntu and dl'd from ATI) as well as the 12.6 beta drivers and get the same results everywhere. FOSS drivers work ok. I tried creating a simple xorg.conf file

Can anyone tell me how to find a list of PCI IDs supported by a given ATI driver? Does it identify by PCI ID? Anyone else have this model working with proprietary driver?

The problematic thing is that your system has intel onboard active as well. If you could disable it it would be better. Your pci-id is at least supported by 12-6 beta (just looked into my script), but you would get a watermark. But why did you call aticonfig as user?
    Code:
    sudo -i
    printf 'Section "Device"\n    Identifier     "Device0"\n    Driver         "fglrx"\nEndSection\n' > /etc/X11/xorg.conf
    would work if there would not be intel... Btw. you see all supported chips in common/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/fglrxko_pci_ids.h. Or when the module is already compiled using modinfo fglrx.

I had run amdconfig as sudo so that's not it. I was under the impression that this is a muxless setup, so I should be able to get it working with AMD's power xpress stuff thru amdconfig for switching between the two. No dice tho. Even creating a simple xorg.conf file, it sill boots but doesn't use fglrx as far as I can tell

any new developments? I just received my envy15 and I'm having the exact same issue..

Quote Originally Posted by fearlsgroove View Post
    I had run amdconfig as sudo so that's not it. I was under the impression that this is a muxless setup, so I should be able to get it working with AMD's power xpress stuff thru amdconfig for switching between the two. No dice tho. Even creating a simple xorg.conf file, it sill boots but doesn't use fglrx as far as I can tell

Unfortunately no .. had some work to do so I uninstalled fglrx and using FOSS driver for now. Hoping to try to look at it some more this weekend or something. I don't really have any idea what else to try tho.
    Last edited by fearlsgroove; 06-27-2012 at 01:18 PM.

By the way, the list of PCI IDs is here: http://developer.amd.com/download/pc...s/default.aspx

May 2012 driver ID's: http://developer.amd.com/gpu_assets/...t_May_2012.txt

Your ID is not yet listed there.