Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AMD Comments On XvBA Video Situation

Quote Originally Posted by del_diablo View Post
    Yes. But it can run 2D on the latest devices, and full hardware acceleration on the 1XXX cards.
    Radeon 1xxx is older than my grandma.

Quote Originally Posted by uid313 View Post
    Radeon 1xxx is older than my grandma.
    Your family must start early to produce you in less than a decade then.

Quote Originally Posted by markg85 View Post
    and that is exactly why we're way better off using UVD directly. No more waiting till AMD decides to make it usable. Reverse engineering anyone? ^_-
    This probably doesn't interest anyone. The binary-only version of xvba-video did have a check for the PCS key for ages... Why do you think was there an explicit check for HP @ L5.1 videos and an warning message in this case? Actually, support for those videos was there from the beginning along with the Windows version, if not earlier (in Linux beta).

Besides, the PCS key is pretty easy to find, this is what I did. The constraints and limitations of this support are available under NDA, though. Wait for Tim to disclose the details to you. I think he hinted enough now. At least, he disclosed there was a "PCS key". Just go find it out.

Hi Gwen,

first of thanks for your work at xvba-video. When mpeg-2/mpeg-4 is released I plan on integrating this into xvba-video after our xbmc is done. I did not see the updated SDK yet, but as these are bitstream codecs again. I think we can use our infrastructure, just the mapping of ffmpeg to xvba structs should be done.

If you think of grepping "libAMDXvBA.so.1", I did this multiple times and found: @HWUVD_H264Level51Support

But, yeah every time I tried to enable it through amdscdb I got a black screen.

Any other hint?

Bye
    Peter

Lol - it works :-)

hahaha. Stop lightdm. Add
    HWUVD_H264Level51Support=V1

directly under UVdEnabled=V1

and try the killa.sample.

Oh my god - i feel kind of really stupid now. As I always tried at the wrong position

Update: For now this only works in xbmc, as xvba-video checks for the max ref frames and sets them to Level41 specific. But this can easily patched out.
    Update2: Hardware, I tested it: AMD E450 with fglrx 12.6b on ubuntu 12.04
    Update3: Also working on E350 with fglrx 12.6b under 12.04
    Update4: An xbmc-xvba user with fglrx Catalyst 11.11 could not get it working (investigating)

Can anyone try this with 12.4?
    Last edited by fritsch; 06-28-2012 at 02:35 AM.

Just got another report: Also working on E350 with 12.4 fglrx.

Quote Originally Posted by gbeauche View Post
    This probably doesn't interest anyone. The binary-only version of xvba-video did have a check for the PCS key for ages... Why do you think was there an explicit check for HP @ L5.1 videos and an warning message in this case? Actually, support for those videos was there from the beginning along with the Windows version, if not earlier (in Linux beta).

Besides, the PCS key is pretty easy to find, this is what I did. The constraints and limitations of this support are available under NDA, though. Wait for Tim to disclose the details to you. I think he hinted enough now. At least, he disclosed there was a "PCS key". Just go find it out.

Oh Hi gwenole, its been a while since you posted.....
    its always of interest when a sheepshaver dev ( ) posts but you haven't updated your files in a while 16-Mar-2005 LOL, actually AROS could do with a good update for a mac emulator that's still faster than a real mac and a reliable xvba/Intel's new H.264 VA encoding extensions http://phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...589#post223589

on a slightly more serious note any chance that high ranking Intel Dev that did the low level API and x264 patches is even going to submit them to the x264/ffmpeg/avconv dev's! as others can then use it to better integrate and control Intel Hardware Encode/decode rather than reinvent yet another lower level API for cross platform HW EN/decode based off the newest Intel hardware PDF's into ffmpeg/libva

http://phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...074#post271074
    Last edited by popper; 06-28-2012 at 04:10 AM.

Very interesting, with latest xbmc fernet menta my l5.1 test file worked. I used:
    Code:
    aticonfig --set-pcs-u32=MCIL,HWUVD_H264Level51Support,1
    that works on the fly and does not require to stop the xserver. You can test the diff with setting it to 0.

Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    Very interesting, with latest xbmc fernet menta my l5.1 test file worked. I used:
    Code:
    that works on the fly and does not require to stop the xserver. You can test the diff with setting it to 0.
    This seems to be first time you post anything related to XVBA not expressing deep hatred.
    MUST. BE. A. SIGN.

Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    Code:
    wow! thanks... wonder if any other hidden gems are present in fglrx