Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 217

Thread: MIPS Loongson 3A Benchmarks On Debian

  1. #121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maldorordiscord View Post
    I found the article:
    "GODSON-3: A SCALABLE MULTICORE
    RISC PROCESSOR WITH X86
    EMULATION"

    http://www.google.de/url?sa=t&rct=j&...UkCyWNUjQXuoiA

    free to read without paying 19 dollar.
    i read the article and the Loongson3A can accelerate in hardware: integer x86 and FPU-X87 and MMX and SSE1 and SSE2.

  2. #122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TobiSGD View Post
    Please show me the part in that text were the author states that he is translating SSE into Loongson's SIMD format. He is stating that he has done that that with MMX on a Loongson 2F, which was possible because it has a 64 bit SIMD unit that is somewhat similar to MMX. You still fail to give a proof for your claims. Also, I don't think to spend 19$ on an article that I think will also not contain a proof for your claims.
    I did your work the Loongson 3A can accelerate : integer x86 and FPU-X87 and MMX and SSE1 and SSE2 in hardware.

    source and directlink to the article: http://www.google.de/url?sa=t&rct=j&...UkCyWNUjQXuoiA

    the Loongson3A only get 70% of the speed of a native x86 core because it accelerate integer x86 and FPU-X87 and MMX and SSE1 and SSE2 in hardware.

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maldorordiscord View Post
    I did your work the Loongson 3A can accelerate : integer x86 and FPU-X87 and MMX and SSE1 and SSE2 in hardware.

    source and directlink to the article: LINK EDITED OUT TO PREVENT DAMAGE TO THE FORUM DUE TO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT

    the Loongson3A only get 70% of the speed of a native x86 core because it accelerate integer x86 and FPU-X87 and MMX and SSE1 and SSE2 in hardware.
    So finally you came up with a proof for at least a part of your statements and it took you only 3 days to do so.
    Sadly, the shown graphs say nothing about the SSE performance since there is no information about compiler options and which SIMD units (or the FPU) were used during the benchmarks.
    I would also like to see a complete benchmark comparison with an mainstream x86-CPU, like the AMD A8 or a Phenom II X4 to see how fast those CPUs are in reality and if gaming would be an option, which I still doubt.
    Last edited by TobiSGD; 07-08-2012 at 08:04 PM.

  4. #124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TobiSGD View Post
    So finally you came up with a proof for at least a part of your statements and it took you only 3 days to do so.
    The source is the same you just don't read it because you don't want to pay 19 dollar. It took me 3 days to find a "pirate copy" edition to save you 19 dollar.
    And I'm sure these haters in this forum will ban me for showing you the truth.

    Quote Originally Posted by TobiSGD View Post
    Sadly, the shown graphs say nothing about the SSE performance since there is no information about compiler options and which SIMD units (or the FPU) were used during the benchmarks.
    I would also like to see a complete benchmark comparison with an mainstream x86-CPU, like the AMD A8 or a Phenom II X4 to see how fast those CPUs are in reality and if gaming would be an option, which I still doubt.
    Sure this would be nice. Maybe Michael get hardware to benchmark these CPUs.
    But one is for sure the Loongson is the most advance MIPS CPU on planet earth and in my point of view its also more advance than all ARM chips together.

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maldorordiscord View Post
    The source is the same you just don't read it because you don't want to pay 19 dollar. It took me 3 days to find a "pirate copy" edition to save you 19 dollar.
    And I'm sure these haters in this forum will ban me for showing you the truth.
    Rather strange that you have to find a pirated version of an article you already have. Also nice that you mentioned that this is a pirated version of that article, so that I could edit out the link from the quote I made to prevent damage to the forum due to copyright infringement.

  6. #126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TobiSGD View Post
    Rather strange that you have to find a pirated version of an article you already have. Also nice that you mentioned that this is a pirated version of that article, so that I could edit out the link from the quote I made to prevent damage to the forum due to copyright infringement.
    LOL its funny you blame me for not showing you the source and after you consume the source for free because of my research about the article in the internet you blame me for copyright infringement.
    And no I don't had the article before I found the free one in the web.
    I just interpolated the information with logic based on a minimal basic information set.
    My argumentation was based on interpolating informations with logic.
    I told you already that I'm very good at thinking things complex.

    And interpolating informations in a unknown area is complex thinking

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maldorordiscord View Post
    LOL its funny you blame me for not showing you the source and after you consume the source for free because of my research about the article in the internet you blame me for copyright infringement.
    You do really think that this is funny? Yes, I blame you for copyright infringement, you posted a direct link to a PDF without stating that this is a pirated version of the copyrighted article you mentioned in an earlier post. That is exactly what copyright infringement means. With that you can damage Phoronix and every one that actually downloads that PDF.
    Nice, Sherlock, very nice.

    And no I don't had the article before I found the free one in the web.
    I just interpolated the information with logic based on a minimal basic information set.
    My argumentation was based on interpolating informations with logic.
    I told you already that I'm very good at thinking things complex.

    And interpolating informations in a unknown area is complex thinking
    Yeah, exactly, you can guess what is written in an technical article before reading it and then use it as proof for your facts without even knowing the content of the article. This is complex lying, not complex thinking.

  8. #128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TobiSGD View Post
    You do really think that this is funny? Yes, I blame you for copyright infringement, you posted a direct link to a PDF without stating that this is a pirated version of the copyrighted article you mentioned in an earlier post. That is exactly what copyright infringement means. With that you can damage Phoronix and every one that actually downloads that PDF.
    Nice, Sherlock, very nice.
    I'm so sorry you deserve it.

    Quote Originally Posted by TobiSGD View Post
    Yeah, exactly, you can guess what is written in an technical article before reading it and then use it as proof for your facts without even knowing the content of the article. This is complex lying, not complex thinking.
    LOL "complex lying" but the original article cover my "complex lying" this turns it into Intellectual giftedness.
    O man you are so simple in "Mind"
    Compared to your simple-linear-thinking I'm really a High-Complex-Ingenious-genius.
    You are pathetic limited.

    Compared to you I'm a real Master of Mind.

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maldorordiscord View Post
    I'm so sorry you deserve it.
    You don't even know me, but think I would deserve it to be accused for copyright infringement for your stupid actions? And what is with the damage you may do to Phoronix with such actions? Does Michael deserve it also? You are a moron and I hope you will soon get banned, if not for being Qaridarium circumventing the moderator decisions then for such dumb actions.

    LOL "complex lying" but the original article cover my "complex lying" this turns it into Intellectual giftedness.
    O man you are so simple in "Mind"
    Compared to your simple-linear-thinking I'm really a High-Complex-Ingenious-genius.
    You are pathetic limited.

    Compared to you I'm a real Master of Mind.
    Only a third of your claims were proven to be right by that article. You have made 3 statements:
    1. The Loongson 3 can emulate SSE in hardware.
    2. It can handle 8 SSE instructions at a time.
    3. It does this with 70% of native speed.
    You have only proven number 1 to be true with this article. 33%. Mastermind? With having only 1 of 3 statements right? You are a master of overestimation of your own capabilities, but not a master of mind. You can't even do this simple math, but I am simple in mind, absolutely.
    If one here is pathetic, it is definitely not me.

  10. #130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TobiSGD View Post
    You don't even know me, but think I would deserve it to be accused for copyright infringement for your stupid actions?
    Stupid Actions? This depends on the objective. And your babbling prove that I reach my goal.
    You worked hard for it to teach me who you are and what is your need.

    Quote Originally Posted by TobiSGD View Post
    And what is with the damage you may do to Phoronix with such actions? Does Michael deserve it also?
    He is not liable for user-generated content.

    Quote Originally Posted by TobiSGD View Post
    You are a moron and I hope you will soon get banned, if not for being Qaridarium circumventing the moderator decisions then for such dumb actions.
    Worth it!

    Quote Originally Posted by TobiSGD View Post
    Only a third of your claims were proven to be right by that article. You have made 3 statements:
    1. The Loongson 3 can emulate SSE in hardware.
    2. It can handle 8 SSE instructions at a time.
    3. It does this with 70% of native speed.
    You have only proven number 1 to be true with this article. 33%. Mastermind? With having only 1 of 3 statements right? You are a master of overestimation of your own capabilities, but not a master of mind. You can't even do this simple math, but I am simple in mind, absolutely.
    If one here is pathetic, it is definitely not me.
    If you read the article carefully the 3A do have 2piece of Vector-SIMD units with 128bit per core
    This means the 3A can handle 2 SSE(64bit) instructions at the same time per core.
    but the 3A do have 4 cores 4*2=8
    But the 3B do have 2*256bit simd-vector units per core and the 3C do have 2*512bit vector-simd units.
    the 3A can already handle 8 SSE instructions at a time with all cores together.
    the 3C can handle 256 ---> 64bit-sse instructions at a time.....
    but you will still claim that the loongson 3C can not handle 8 pieces of 64bit-SSE instructions at the same time...
    This means I'm 66% right. And the last one "It does this with 70% of native speed." has no relevance right now because to validate this we need real hardware and more real benchmarks.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •