Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 217

Thread: MIPS Loongson 3A Benchmarks On Debian

  1. #191
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    6,598

    Default

    I do not benchmark wine, thats 32 bit. Forget it.
    Code:
    apt-get install p7zip-full
    Then try yourself.

    Btw where are your results without ACC and without OC?
    Last edited by Kano; 07-11-2012 at 05:13 PM.

  2. #192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    I do not benchmark wine, thats 32 bit. Forget it.
    Code:
    apt-get install p7zip-full
    Then try yourself.
    Btw where are your results without ACC and without OC?
    speed is 280% 14000/280% =50 --> 50*100=5000 speed of 100%
    You can google the result without tweaks by searching a phenomII x2-550 or 555
    You can also get the price of a x2-550 on ebay its less than ~50€
    About 32bit vs 64bit in my tests 32bit is faster than 64bit in 7zip.
    Native tested in 64bit result is:12800
    I need to buy 1 more ram dimm to get the full 128bit ram interface then the result is better.

  3. #193
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    6,598

    Default

    As you need luck to unlock 1 or 2 cores (and i definitely know one Kanotix user who could not even unlock a X3 successfully) better compare it to

    http://geizhals.de/eu/636703

    Btw. newer amd cpus are usually slower than phenom, so speed/price ratio is even worse. For OC fans with a bit less money there is always the i5

    http://geizhals.de/eu/580328

    or

    http://geizhals.de/eu/761856

    About your cpu: you have been lucky, but not everybody buys a x2 or x3 cpu and can use it as x4 (or x6). Of course if you can oc it as well then your speed/price ratio is even better. amd fx cpus are a failure by design, usually even phenom x6 is faster when fpu code is used. the cpu+gpu combos are even slower because of the missing L3 cache. If you want to OC much maybe the older snb intel chips are better because they can be cooled more easyly (if you only look at the max frequency). ivb does not oc that well but the architecture is a bit faster, so basically both are equal. If you want to use the gpu then of course ivb is the best choice. i dont think that 200 is too much for a fast cpu. ok, when you want i7 you pay some bucks extra but you are not forced to, when you just want to play with oc. When you compare the most expensive desktop cpus from amd against intel:

    http://geizhals.de/eu/733920

    vs

    http://geizhals.de/eu/761779

    I would definitely say you get more for your money when you buy intel.

  4. #194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    As you need luck to unlock 1 or 2 cores (and i definitely know one Kanotix user who could not even unlock a X3 successfully) better compare it to
    No you don't need luck because you just buy it online and send it back to get the money back if the cpu do not run @4cores. This is 100% lawful.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    Btw. newer amd cpus are usually slower than phenom, so speed/price ratio is even worse.
    Thats right and in my point of view my B50 is better than a FX8150...
    AMD sell it cheap 140 but its not worth to upgrade from a B50@3,8ghz
    You need a new main-board ~50-100 to this means you spend 240 for nothing..

    Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    About your cpu: you have been lucky, but not everybody buys a x2 or x3 cpu and can use it as x4
    Thats just wrong I'm not lucky you just need to buy it online and then send it back to get the money Back if the cpu do not run at 4cores and high clockspeed.
    Sure this is a time consuming process.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    (or x6). Of course if you can oc it as well then your speed/price ratio is even better.
    Sure you can buy the 960T and unlock it to a X6.
    And yes a 960T clocks @4ghz or 4.2ghz.
    Yes you can get nice result if you are willing for the time consuming process by sending the cpu back.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    amd fx cpus are a failure by design, usually even phenom x6 is faster when fpu code is used.
    Right they need to sell it very cheap to become relevance in any rational calculation of hardware buying.
    Even 140 is to high if you need a mainboard to upgrade.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    the cpu+gpu combos are even slower because of the missing L3 cache.
    The APUs are a full joke wen it comes to open-source drivers and the power-management.
    Nothing to say here.
    I would not buy such a system.



    Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    If you want to OC much maybe the older snb intel chips are better because they can be cooled more easyly (if you only look at the max frequency). ivb does not oc that well but the architecture is a bit faster, so basically both are equal. If you want to use the gpu then of course ivb is the best choice. i dont think that 200 is too much for a fast cpu. ok, when you want i7 you pay some bucks extra but you are not forced to, when you just want to play with oc. When you compare the most expensive desktop cpus from amd against intel:
    "ivb" is right for linux users who not want to buy a extra graphic card but only if they do some special work they have to remove the heat-spreader and you need (need means its not worth it if you don't do it) a water-cooling system or better then you overclock it to ~6ghz.
    then the 200 for the cpu is "cheap"

    But if you don't want to fight hardcore with the hardware to kill the heat-spreader and if you don't want a water cooling system and if you want a extra graphic card its not worth it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    I would definitely say you get more for your money when you buy intel.
    I don't get your argument you picket the worst example for a AMD CPU ever!!!
    You get the same result if you pick AMD FX-Series FX-8120, 8x 3.10GHz for 140 and over-clock it.
    Also you cheat because the FX-8150 is much cheaper: http://geizhals.de/eu/689396 only 172,80
    Thats a complex question and its only valid to check it if you only count 100% multi-core software.
    Because the AMD "Bulldozer" CPU lose all single-core benchmarks...
    If multi-core applications are in use then you can get 4,8ghz with a "bulldozer"
    The Intel Intel Core i7-3770K run @4,5ghz
    I think the FX-8120 will get a better performance per euro rating but only for multi-core applications.

    Anyway the comparison do not have any relevance for me because I would not buy a TPM/Trusted-Computing-System.

  5. #195
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maldorordiscord View Post
    No you don't need luck because you just buy it online and send it back to get the money back if the cpu do not run @4cores. This is 100% lawful.



    Thats right and in my point of view my B50 is better than a FX8150...
    AMD sell it cheap 140 but its not worth to upgrade from a B50@3,8ghz
    You need a new main-board ~50-100 to this means you spend 240 for nothing..



    Thats just wrong I'm not lucky you just need to buy it online and then send it back to get the money Back if the cpu do not run at 4cores and high clockspeed.
    Sure this is a time consuming process.




    Sure you can buy the 960T and unlock it to a X6.
    And yes a 960T clocks @4ghz or 4.2ghz.
    Yes you can get nice result if you are willing for the time consuming process by sending the cpu back.



    Right they need to sell it very cheap to become relevance in any rational calculation of hardware buying.
    Even 140 is to high if you need a mainboard to upgrade.



    The APUs are a full joke wen it comes to open-source drivers and the power-management.
    Nothing to say here.
    I would not buy such a system.





    "ivb" is right for linux users who not want to buy a extra graphic card but only if they do some special work they have to remove the heat-spreader and you need (need means its not worth it if you don't do it) a water-cooling system or better then you overclock it to ~6ghz.
    then the 200 for the cpu is "cheap"

    But if you don't want to fight hardcore with the hardware to kill the heat-spreader and if you don't want a water cooling system and if you want a extra graphic card its not worth it.



    I don't get your argument you picket the worst example for a AMD CPU ever!!!
    You get the same result if you pick AMD FX-Series FX-8120, 8x 3.10GHz for 140 and over-clock it.
    Also you cheat because the FX-8150 is much cheaper: http://geizhals.de/eu/689396 only 172,80
    Thats a complex question and its only valid to check it if you only count 100% multi-core software.
    Because the AMD "Bulldozer" CPU lose all single-core benchmarks...
    If multi-core applications are in use then you can get 4,8ghz with a "bulldozer"
    The Intel Intel Core i7-3770K run @4,5ghz
    I think the FX-8120 will get a better performance per euro rating but only for multi-core applications.

    Anyway the comparison do not have any relevance for me because I would not buy a TPM/Trusted-Computing-System.
    Wrong. Bulldozer is not an 8core Cpu, it's a 4core-2face Cpu. Bulldozer has the same or little more power than a 4core Sandybridge, but also has 80-90% the single thread performance (instead of 50-60% that many think). Thats because the FMA4 and other techniques allow the 8cores to be used by 4treads, so the FMA4 of core1 steals vectors from core2. If I was AMD, I would do 4coresHT instead of 8, with 2*integer and 4*128bit-FMA-vectors instead of 1* and 2* that Bulldozer has (2*logic), that was the original AMD plan with 250 million transistor per Core Instead of 100m/C. Any way the thinking its close to Godson-T.

  6. #196
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maldorordiscord View Post
    No you don't need luck because you just buy it online and send it back to get the money back if the cpu do not run @4cores. This is 100% lawful.
    It is neither morally OK nor lawful. With unlocking cores you run CPUs outside of the manufacturers specifications, which voids both warranty and guarantee for that specific CPU. Also, you are actively damaging the economy with that, because the vendor has to purchase the shipping costs, just for you returning a product that functions if you use it within the specifications. Don't be such a cheap ass, if you want a fast CPU buy one.

  7. #197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by artivision View Post
    Wrong. Bulldozer is not an 8core Cpu, it's a 4core-2face Cpu. Bulldozer has the same or little more power than a 4core Sandybridge, but also has 80-90% the single thread performance (instead of 50-60% that many think). Thats because the FMA4 and other techniques allow the 8cores to be used by 4treads, so the FMA4 of core1 steals vectors from core2. If I was AMD, I would do 4coresHT instead of 8, with 2*integer and 4*128bit-FMA-vectors instead of 1* and 2* that Bulldozer has (2*logic), that was the original AMD plan with 250 million transistor per Core Instead of 100m/C. Any way the thinking its close to Godson-T.
    You are a optimist. the reality beat you and I can tell you why.

    Its a fact that Intel trick on AMD with FMA3 amd original plan was FMA3 instead of FMA4 then intel FAKE arguments to amd in that way: we will not support FMA3 in the future only the more complex (and more rare in use) FMA4 then intel drops FMA3 and go FMA4 but even with FMA4 intel tricked AMD again because they only allow amd to be compatible with SSE4.2 and NOT with AVX.
    But it comes even harder Intel now goes for FMA3 first with AVX2 compatible cpus and again AMD is not allowed to be compatible with AVX2 this end in a situation like that:
    Because of the big Intel market share "Intel-compiler" amd bulldozer only get SSE4.2 and no AVX and no FMA4 and no FMA3 . Also the AVX from AMD is incompatible with the AVX from Intel and the FMA4 is also incompatible with the Future FMA4 from Intel.

    You only can use a bulldozer without disadvantages because of Intel's monopoly on: Linux and only with open-source-software.
    In a closed source Intel monopole world the bulldozer can only handle SSE4.2 no AVX and no FMA4.

    "Bulldozer has the same or little more power than a 4core Sandybridge"

    This is only true for open-source multi-core applications.
    In the closed source software world in 80-90% of the cases the software do not support incompatible AMD-AVX and incompatible AMD-FMA4 its the 3Dnow vs SSE effect AMD always lose! this is a law of nature!

    "but also has 80-90% the single thread performance (instead of 50-60% that many think)."

    What a irony in your words it does have only 80% of the single thread performance calculated with incompatible AMD-AVX and incompatible AMD-FMA4 and you claim its little bit faster on multi-core applications but only on Linux with open-source software on the other side the bulldozer is the biggest fail ever on windows-vista and they also fail on windows7 to windows 8 will be the first windows without a complete failure on that kind of CPU.

    "Any way the thinking its close to Godson-T."

    LOL be sure this is not the case!
    Loongson do not try to fake a high clock speed also loongson do have 1 full FPU per core and no bullshit like SMT-hyperthreading and CMT also Loongson only implement energy efficiency complexity and they get speed by scaling up the cores instead of scaling up complexity and core clock speed.

    (Disclaimer): I personalty like the bulldozer because I'm a Linux user and I like open-source software and I like multi-thread software and I like to use ECC ram on a Desktop and I hate the behavior of Intel. But I'm not naive Intel will always win by better "smaller" manufacturing technology and cheating by instruction compatibility and cheating by compiler tricks and cheating by cooperations with software developers and games and so one and so one.

  8. #198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TobiSGD View Post
    It is neither morally OK nor lawful. With unlocking cores you run CPUs outside of the manufacturers specifications, which voids both warranty and guarantee for that specific CPU.
    This is wrong you don't lose your warranty only because you use a outdated bios and cpu firmware version and you use a official feature ACC of the CPU.
    Because of this its fully ok and lawful!
    And you don't run it outside manufacturers specifications if you run it with a official(outdated) bios version and a official cpu feature "ACC"

    In other words you just talk bullshit!

    Quote Originally Posted by TobiSGD View Post
    Also, you are actively damaging the economy with that
    LOL what a joke our hole economy is based on: egoism I only act in the most economic way for myself! This means its allowed in a "Economy" only in Communism its not allowed because you get a bulled in your brain because you act in a economic way driven by egoism.

    Quote Originally Posted by TobiSGD View Post
    , because the vendor has to purchase the shipping costs,
    standard business risk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by TobiSGD View Post
    just for you returning a product that functions if you use it within the specifications.
    In germany its lawful to return a product that functions within the specifications.

    Quote Originally Posted by TobiSGD View Post
    Don't be such a cheap ass, if you want a fast CPU buy one.
    People always call me an "ass" just because I'm "smart"
    Only stupid people pay more money for the same speed they can get for less money!
    Last edited by maldorordiscord; 07-11-2012 at 09:07 PM.

  9. #199
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    205

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by maldorordiscord View Post
    This is wrong you don't lose your warranty only because you use a outdated bios and cpu firmware version and you use a official feature ACC of the CPU.
    Because of this its fully ok and lawful!
    And you don't run it outside manufacturers specifications if you run it with a official(outdated) bios version and a official cpu feature "ACC"
    Show me where AMD markets its CPUs with "ACC". It is a feature of the mainboard, more specific, the BIOS, not the CPU. Get your facts straight before accusing other people of talking bullshit.

    LOL what a joke our hole economy is based on: egoism I only act in the most economic way for myself! This means its allowed in a "Economy" only in Communism its not allowed because you get a bulled in your brain because you act in a economic way driven by egoism.
    So your excuse of acting without moral is: Hey, the others do it also.
    Nice, says something about your personality.

    standard business risk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yep, I worked for different OEMs in the past years, I know that a small percentage of the customers are just assholes without any moral. Thank Bob that you are a minority, but nonetheless an expensive minority.

    In germany its lawful to return a product that functions within the specifications.
    True, but it is neither morally correct to do that because it doesn't run outside the specification nor is it lawful to return products that you have willfully used outside the specifications.

    People always call me an "ass" just because I'm "smart"
    Sorry, but no, people call you an ass because you are an ass and with your last posts here you showed that you are not only a forum troll, but also a real life ass.

  10. #200
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maldorordiscord View Post
    There were no arguments without argument against it and the point is you stop bringing new arguments.
    In a strict rhetoric rule-set you lost.
    1. I stated the facts of why you were wrong
    2. You tried to ignore them
    3. I'm not letting you

    4. You lose.

    People always call me an "ass" just because I'm "smart"
    No, I'm pretty sure it's because you actually are an ass.
    Last edited by smitty3268; 07-11-2012 at 09:47 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •