Catalyst 12.6 final is out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
    Unexpected - according to hardware list on this page http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...easeNotes.aspx R600 and R700 support is still there.
    I asked for clarification on this, but my belief is that this is a typo. Latest from @CatalystCreator is that the next 6xx/7xx driver would be mid-July (don't know specific plans for Linux vs Windows) :

Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by ext73 View Post
      I have to agree with the previous speaker. Under my MSi X370 with E-350 comes with a watermark indicating the lack of support, but ... the sign is easy to remove.
      For Ubuntu script should look like this:

#!/bin/sh
      DRIVER=/usr/lib/fglrx/xorg/modules/drivers/fglrx_drv.so
      for x in $(objdump -d $DRIVER|awk '/call/&&/EnableLogo/{print "\\x"$2"\\x"$3"\\x"$4"\\x"$5"\\x"$6}'); do
      sed -i "s/$x/\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90/g" $DRIVER
      done

These drivers, combined with an appropriate kernel and KDE 4.8.4 allows to operate almost perfectly smooth. However, it should be mentioned that are a little slower than the 12.4 in games such as Nexuiz, Xonotic declines of 1-3 frames/s However, interestingly, their work effects to the user seems smoother, P.

Yet the question of support for kernels 3.4 and 3.5 ... embarrassment here have the whole line ... just you can not build the module for these kernels. It is necessary patching sources. I have tested it under my kernel - a special version for AMD - Llano and Brazos - 3.4.4-ext73-f1-20.0-64-Brazos-ags-cfs

Greetings
      I tried your script but it did not work for me. The location of driver is incorrect (at least on my laptop). I had to find the location of the driver and update the script. This worked for me. Hopefully it will help someone too.

#!/bin/sh
      DRIVER=/usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/fglrx_drv.so
      for x in $(objdump -d $DRIVER|awk '/call/&&/EnableLogo/{print "\\x"$2"\\x"$3"\\x"$4"\\x"$5"\\x"$6}'); do
      sed -i "s/$x/\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90/g" $DRIVER
      done

Comment

Incredible that the final version of the driver doesn't work on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64-bit. If they don't support Ubuntu LTS releases, what the heck do they support? At least there's a workaround you can patch in libpciaccess.

Also, suddenly my 6310 adapter comes up as unsupported. I patched the driver to remove that obnoxious watermark, but is there a way to get aticonfig working?

Comment

No need to patch.
          Just keep your /etc/ati/control from 12.6b

or take this one: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55728161/control

Comment

Thank you fritsch, that worked great.

Comment

Is the driver working with Debian 64 bit? The beta driver had a critical error with 64 bit debian based systems in combination with XServer 1.12.

Comment

It's not fixed, they released the final driver broken on both Ubuntu and Debian 64-bit, despite several user reports after the beta. There's a patch to libpciaccess that works around the bug in the driver, you can see it here: http://ati.cchtml.com/show_bug.cgi?id=522#c5

That patch worked for me, I'm running Debian wheezy 64-bit.

Comment

@ Massa
                  Thanks for your response. It's really incredible that they ship fglrx 12-6 with a major bug. I am in no hurry to unlock XServer 1.12 in the repository so I will wait for an official fix. If I am forced to use fglrx 12-6 I will remember your tip.

Regards,

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by andy_0 View Post
                    It's really incredible that they ship fglrx 12-6 with a major bug.
                    With the departure from the monthly schedule, AMD implied - IIRC - to react faster to more or less severe bugs.
                    Let's see how long it will take them to fix it. But I have to agree, putting out betas and not caring for bug
                    reports is not very promising concerning their change of strategy.

On the other hand lots of the AMD stuff might just be out for vacation this time of year.

Comment

Originally posted by entropy View Post
                      On the other hand lots of the AMD stuff might just be out for vacation this time of year.
                      If they don't have the manpower to fix reported bugs than they shouldn't release, simple as that.

Comment

Working...
                      X