Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: aticonfig does not recognize my Radeon 6320

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8

    Default aticonfig does not recognize my Radeon 6320

    Hi, i've did some searching but could not find anyone here with the same issue as me.

    I'm running Archlinux 64Bit and just tried to install catalyst 12.6 on my Asus mini-itx board with Fusion E-450. fglrx module will build and insert correctly (modprobe) without spitting out any errors. But i cannot run aticonfig. It only says: aticonfig: No supported adapters detected. Is my card supported? I mean, it should work right, it's a 6xxx? And as far as I understand 5xxx and 6xxx is supported.

    lspci says:
    00:01.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI Wrestler [Radeon HD 6320]

    Anyone else with the same issue? Anyone knows how to fix this?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    6,631

    Default

    Use an older /etc/ati/control file. You can use the --extract option for any amd run installer.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    Use an older /etc/ati/control file. You can use the --extract option for any amd run installer.
    Thank you so much! It works great now!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Hello, having the same issue but with Thinkpad E125 laptop. Also having Arch 64 bit installation. How can i make it work exactly if i don't have this /etc/ati/control file? Before installing dear Arch, i used Kubuntu 12.04. Don't know why, but fglrx installed there without a problem. Why is that?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jason_ca View Post
    Hello, having the same issue but with Thinkpad E125 laptop. Also having Arch 64 bit installation. How can i make it work exactly if i don't have this /etc/ati/control file? Before installing dear Arch, i used Kubuntu 12.04. Don't know why, but fglrx installed there without a problem. Why is that?
    Manually download an older release from ati.amd.com, like catalyst 12.4 run it with --extract flag, copy the control file to /etc/ati/

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dlq84 View Post
    Manually download an older release from ati.amd.com, like catalyst 12.4 run it with --extract flag, copy the control file to /etc/ati/
    Damn, it works! Thank you so lot!

    It's just interesting why this intervention is even required. A guy on #archlinux@freenode told me he suspects latest 12.6 has somewhat messed adapters database.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •