Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Mozilla To Shaft Thunderbird Next Week

Quote Originally Posted by asdx View Post
    So you think that users of open source software have no say in the development of said software? Sorry but I strongly disagree with your comment.
    OSS projects often work on a meritocracy basis, where someone's say in decisions is proportional to their level of contribution to the project.

So you think that users of open source software have no say in the development of said software? Sorry but I strongly disagree with your comment.
    So you think despite the fact that there is no need to fork the project they should do it nonetheless because one anonymous non-contributing person that claims to use the software says so? Just because it is open source?
    Isn't that a bit disproportionate?

Dear software developer, please spend 500 hours of your time doing unpaid meaningless grunt work that will not help anyone at all.

I use your open source software, so you have to listen to me.

I don't care that you could have spent that time actually doing useful development in that application, I am important!

Yours truly,

asdx