Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 64

Thread: Features Coming For FreeBSD 10

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    14,235

    Default Features Coming For FreeBSD 10

    Phoronix: Features Coming For FreeBSD 10

    Here's a look at some of the planned features that are being worked on for the FreeBSD 10 release...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTEzNTY

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    36

    Cool

    Ubber audio daemon

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    240

    Default

    I tried freebsd last week but i didn't found any real advantages over linux . It just feels and acts like an outdated and less supported linux

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    78

    Default

    llvm/clang? apple thunderbird support? they should just switch to the mach kernel and get over with, because this is getting ridiculous.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    16

    Default

    FreeBSD X Mountain Daemon... xD

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Sarmiento View Post
    I tried freebsd last week but i didn't found any real advantages over linux . It just feels and acts like an outdated and less supported linux
    Yeah, BSD is pathetic and unneeded. Linux compared to BSD progresses faster, has a huge user & developer market-share.

    BSD had a chance back in the 1990's but it just didn't happen, but it won't go away either, like DOS and OS/2.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,988

    Default

    It's just Thunderbolt, not Apple Thunderbolt.
    Thunderbolt was jointly developed by Apple and Intel and first introduced on Apple computers.
    But its name is just Thunderbolt, not Apple Thunderbolt.
    Please use proper and vendor-neutral names.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mark45 View Post
    Yeah, BSD is pathetic and unneeded. Linux compared to BSD progresses faster, has a huge user & developer market-share.

    BSD had a chance back in the 1990's but it just didn't happen, but it won't go away either, like DOS and OS/2.
    Go to netcraft.com and take a look at the most reliable hosting companies since january 2011. In 10 out of the last 18 months, there is a company using FreeBSD that is better ranked (more reliable) than the companies using Linux; 8 times Linux is a winner. This is just how pathetic FreeBSD is...
    This undoubtly proves that FreeBSD is at least as stable as Linux. Considering the manpower behind Linux which FreeBSD lacks, I would say FreeBSD is anything but pathetic.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    351

    Default

    for good or bad freebsd will be pushed to the margins at time goes on. it will be typecasted as a web server OS that is worthless as for almost anything else.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by garegin View Post
    for good or bad freebsd will be pushed to the margins at time goes on. it will be typecasted as a web server OS that is worthless as for almost anything else.
    Perhaps this will be the case (although the last word isn't said). Throughout history, nevertheless, products success is not necessarily related to its technical merits. If people were consequent with what they say, they would have spent time developing FreeBSD in the 90's and not waste time with (at the time) a toy OS like Linux. Now Linux is a phenomena and FreeBSD is dubbed a toy OS (although it isn't). Tomorrow we'll see.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •