Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NVIDIA Puts Out Hefty Linux Driver Update

DKMS support...... very late but better than never..

I wrote nvidia dkms support first 03-Mar-2008 - integrated to my install-nvidia-debian.sh script a bit later that year. So >4 years later nvidia did the same

Quote Originally Posted by Nille View Post
    i'm very excited about the DKMS Support.
    Ditto...no more having to manually reinstall driver with each kernel install

Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    I wrote nvidia dkms support first 03-Mar-2008 - integrated to my install-nvidia-debian.sh script a bit later that year. So >4 years later nvidia did the same
    Think I remember that, but how well is nvidia's implementation compared to yours?

Default 173.14.35

Quote Originally Posted by ethana2 View Post
    I'm not seeing the 64-bit version of this.. when I navigate to the 64 bit drivers for my GPU, I only see the one that was released one month ago.

Also, I'm still waiting for a legacy driver where the installer actually works for my old GeForce 5200 FX or whatever; the driver is out, but I can't for the life of me get the installer to work-- at this point I'm fed up with and scared of .run files, so I guess I'll just wait for a .deb
    I had trouble with the first release of the last legacy 173.14.xx on a 32 bit system, but the driver released last month, 173.14.35, worked.

Good luck on that.

Be real, be sober.