Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu's Unity Desktop Comes To Fedora 17

So fedora has unity before debian does. Why do I think that's funny?

If those are pictures of Unity on Fedora... devs please remove that ugly logo on the top left side

Default cinnamon

http://cinnamon.linuxmint.com/ is an option, too

Default :)

You're free to send us a patch removing the logo. At the moment we;re more working on correct reuqires, so if You install the unity package, You already have the unity experience and stabilizing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfred View Post
    So fedora has unity before debian does. Why do I think that's funny?
    I do not know but I find it even more funny that the Ayatana repo on openSUSE.org is maintained for Fedora but not openSUSE.
    Unity for openSUSE is stuck at 4.0, while Fedora got 5.12.

Default ..

That's because I use both opensuse and Fedora and I love OBS, which is open build service, not opensuse build service.
    And we do Fedora first since chenxiaolong is fedora only user. If somebody want to help with the suse specs we'll have the port in few days for suse.

A level headed Unity discussion?
    I came to watch the bun fight, where are all the Unity haters??
    Maybe all the rage exploded their heads.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboJ1M View Post
    A level headed Unity discussion?
    I came to watch the bun fight, where are all the Unity haters??
    Maybe all the rage exploded their heads.
    I only saw it once so far, on an Ubuntu Live CD, it took me ~5min to figure out how to open a terminal

Quote Originally Posted by chenxiaolong View Post
    Actually, that was just a missing package We're working to make Unity as easy to install as possible. Something along the lines of:

sudo yum install unity-experience
    sudo pacman -S unity-experience

The problem with the Arch packages is that they take forever to build. But with the introduction of the Arch backend in the new development versions of OBS, we should be able to provide binary packages for Arch Linux, Fedora, and openSUSE at the same time
    Ah, i see. I had thought global menus just happened to disabled - as i've seen Ubuntu users with global menu disabled / a guide on some ubuntu site on how to disable it.

Well, as far as packaging Unity - it sounds like using OBS is going to make life much easier for not only you guys (the packagers), but it will actually make it much easier for the user. Awesome stuff.

I wonder what Canonical thinks of Unity no longer really being necessarily an 'ubuntu experience'?

Quote Originally Posted by disi View Post
    I only saw it once so far, on an Ubuntu Live CD, it took me ~5min to figure out how to open a terminal
    ctrl + alt + t