Thread: Cinnamon Desktop Comes To Fedora 17

Default Cinnamon Desktop Comes To Fedora 17

Phoronix: Cinnamon Desktop Comes To Fedora 17

Cinnamon, the project out of the Linux Mint camp for a new desktop that's based upon upstream GNOME but brings back memories of GNOME2, has now entered Fedora 17 through the stable updates repository...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTE0Mzk

One day I'll reach Alaska, or die trying!

Excellent news. It would be nice to have a DE death match with benchmarks between GNOME, Cinnamon, MATE, Trinity, KDE, Enlightenment, XFCE and LXDE.

Default Nice

I want Ubuntu to package Cinnamon too.

Default I second that

Quote Originally Posted by 1c3d0g View Post
    Excellent news. It would be nice to have a DE death match with benchmarks between GNOME, Cinnamon, MATE, Trinity, KDE, Enlightenment, XFCE and LXDE.
    I think that's a great idea, though I'm not certain Trinity is worthwhile. Yeah, I guess a few people still use it, but I can't help but feel that it's on its deathbed (maybe I'm wrong). Anyway, if someone is willing to put effort into these benchmarks, I'd really love to see them.

By way of full disclosure, I'm currently in the LXDE camp, but very interested in Enlightenment. I like fast systems.

Quote Originally Posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Cinnamon Desktop Comes To Fedora 17

Cinnamon, the project out of the Linux Mint camp for a new desktop that's based upon upstream GNOME but brings back memories of GNOME2, has now entered Fedora 17 through the stable updates repository...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTE0Mzk

I actually used a git snapshot instead of Cinnamon 1.4 UP1 for F17.