Quote Originally Posted by adriankx View Post
wanna hear something funny? my cool thinkpad edge13 amd box has a 2% battery capacity so i cant really notice power regression, and i also think those cocksuckers from lenovo suck at making amd machines. My laptops has same bugs since day 1 (broken ACPI_PSS and needs DSTS override)and never been fixed even after posting and mailing their support site. I was told i run an unssuported operating system. How ever funny suspend and resume works better on linux with OSS drivers that on windows where my system randomly awakes without being touched. So yes all software closed source is crap, but my hopes where that OSS developers listen and we are all a big happy family communicating all toghether and so on. But it seems linux is developed by a few server minded-orientated companies (redhat novell and others) those guys dont take suggestions. Linux sells u this things where u can report bugs get involved bla bla but it rarely ever happens, all they need is a free beta testers userbase for they entreprise editions.
It might have started using the right ideeas but in the end corporations use the comunity to make profit.

What we nuub users want beutiful 2d accel tear free desktops great open and closed source graphic drivers will never happen unless all mighty corps i mentioned think they can get a profit from desktop market. In the end all mighty dollar rullz everything. We can just full ourselfs with freedom there is no such thing and it will never be.
i agree with you in the fact that server vendors are much more willing to provide support and stick to standards and since novell/redhat are very very strong on this sector they provide much better experience but is not solely their fault cuz none of them have enough financial muscle to litigate the microsoft combo[mobo vendors/bios vendors/oems] but they do wanna attack the user market or at least bussiness pc market from a bussiness POV but is hard when every vendor is your enemy and every OEM is forced to sell microsoft license[you want them or not] so is kinda a circular problem but i guess eventually can be solved but not inmediately