Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32

Thread: RadeonSI Gallium3D Driver Can Now Handle Gears

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jrch2k8 View Post
    not UVD[this is drm mined and is very very unlike to be worked on] but video decode on shaders
    No he was also working on an UVD implementation but it was never clear if it can be released. I have talked with him around November 2011.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Toronto-ish
    Posts
    7,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Btw, did I got it right that with GCN the shader compiler is easier (not easy!) to optimize compared to previous architectures?
    Two part answer :

    1. Yes, we believe so

    2. One of the changes we made during initial SI support was moving from a fairly simple "shader assembler" to an llvm-based compiler, which will hopefully be doing some of that optimizing already.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nille View Post
    No he was also working on an UVD implementation but it was never clear if it can be released. I have talked with him around November 2011.
    my bad you are right but i guess is still under NDA so he can't publish it or was rejected or is on hold until he get done some more important stuff first

    anyway sorry i didn't look deep enough before posting
    have a nice day XD

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sofia
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Great news! I'm considering high end GCN-based card. Thank you, all open source driver developers!

  5. #15

    Default

    Finally! We can now subsidize the windows catalyst driver with 95% of our support money by purchase hd7000 hardware for the open-source driver Radeon.
    What a bad joke purchase fascist-corporatism hardware from AMD,Intel,Nvidia is the best way inflict maximum harm to oneself.
    The radeon driver is sadly only a alibi driver in the fascist-corporatism game against the humanity.

    But sure the consumer zombies will spend money on their own butcher even if they know the truth.

    Criticism is not welcome because its bad for business and money makes the world turn around.

    And now back to the commercial public relationship brainwashing bullshit.

  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maldorordiscord View Post
    Finally! We can now subsidize the windows catalyst driver with 95% of our support money by purchase hd7000 hardware for the open-source driver Radeon.
    What a bad joke purchase fascist-corporatism hardware from AMD,Intel,Nvidia is the best way inflict maximum harm to oneself.
    The radeon driver is sadly only a alibi driver in the fascist-corporatism game against the humanity.

    But sure the consumer zombies will spend money on their own butcher even if they know the truth.

    Criticism is not welcome because its bad for business and money makes the world turn around.

    And now back to the commercial public relationship brainwashing bullshit.
    Dude don't be such a Sauer Kraut!

  7. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
    Dude don't be such a Sauer Kraut!
    Sauerkraut is much better than a "Mann" who do have nothing to say about the tropic than: "Dude don't be such a Sauer Kraut!"
    Anyway "fake account" try to read my post again and respond again with any little clue about my point.
    But sure "Sauerkraut" FUD is so much easier than write real arguments against my thesis.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Russe, Bulgaria
    Posts
    499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maldorordiscord View Post
    Sauerkraut is much better than a "Mann" who do have nothing to say about the tropic than: "Dude don't be such a Sauer Kraut!"
    Anyway "fake account" try to read my post again and respond again with any little clue about my point.
    But sure "Sauerkraut" FUD is so much easier than write real arguments against my thesis.
    Q, is that you?

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Outthere, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    328

    Default

    Let him hate. He cant hurt anyone =D

    The reality is, I need 3D GFX on my main machine, so I have a choice of AMD, nVidia and Intel. Who do I choose? How do I choose? Intel's very tempting at the moment, because of the future support, but I like my AMD gears and this is the light at the end of the tunnel for AMD's future (they said this is a lot of new tech and once it's done, it's done!). Personally I'll put my money there for the forseeable future, rid my self of this Ti550 which was gifted to me and has been nothing but a painful experience performance wise, and since the 3.2 kernel, has been broken for me.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    6,607

    Default

    If you dont manage to setup a nv card correctly you must be doing everything wrong. btw. nvidia drivers work fine with kernel 3.5 as well

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •