Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PathScale Working On DogFood, A New Dev IDE

Hybrid View

Default PathScale Working On DogFood, A New Dev IDE

Phoronix: PathScale Working On DogFood, A New Dev IDE

PathScale is working on a new project that is internally dubbed "DogFood", it's a new integrated development environment (IDE) based upon Qt Creator but with a greater focus on C++ and other new development concepts...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTE1MTU

Based on QtCreator which is GPL right? Thus i'm guessing "DogFood" will be GPL as well (and likely free?)?

QtCreator is already my IDE of choice.
    It's going to be interesting to see if DogFood will further enhance it.

Quote Originally Posted by Znurre View Post
    QtCreator is already my IDE of choice.
    It's going to be interesting to see if DogFood will further enhance it.
    We have a non-public[1] roadmap we're working on, but I'm happy to discuss your needs. Feel free to contact me direct or just share your wishlist here.

[1] The more people we hire the more aggressive we can be about our roadmap. At the point when we feel comfortable with everything we can commit to we'll be more public about it.

Default Open source

I hope they open source DogFood.

Quote Originally Posted by codestr0m View Post
    We have a non-public[1] roadmap we're working on, but I'm happy to discuss your needs. Feel free to contact me direct or just share your wishlist here.

[1] The more people we hire the more aggressive we can be about our roadmap. At the point when we feel comfortable with everything we can commit to we'll be more public about it.
    1) Support for cmake
    2) A colour scheme like Cobalt in Gedit -> blue background and nicely readable fonts
    3) Syntax highlight for Cuda/OpenCL besides C++

Then I'm all for it!

Quote Originally Posted by HokTar View Post
    1) Support for cmake
    2) A colour scheme like Cobalt in Gedit -> blue background and nicely readable fonts
    3) Syntax highlight for Cuda/OpenCL besides C++

Then I'm all for it!
    With the exception of OpenCL I think you're going to be happy. Do you care at all about pragma based - OpenMP or HMPP? What about AMP?
    -----
    For colors - what if you had the ability to set them yourself? Dark backgrounds with lighter fonts is harder to read in my experience.

The "readable" fonts issue may also be limited to what's installed on your system by default, graphics/monitor/lcd and the quality of anti-aliasing support. (IOW - I'm not sure how much control we'll have over this on linux.)

Default Multi screen

One feature that is sorely missing from Qt Creator at the moment is proper support for multiple screens. Also, continuing the work to use clang for syntax highlighting etc looks like a promising strategy in future.

Open source!
    Color scheme compatibility with gedit, vi or emacs so you can just take the file you already have and import it.

See: /usr/share/gtksourceview-3.0/styles/

Better C++ parser, which does not stumble on STL iterators, pretty please.