Results 1 to 10 of 47

Thread: OpenGL 4.3, OpenGL ES 3.0 Specifications Unveiled

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    15,691

    Default OpenGL 4.3, OpenGL ES 3.0 Specifications Unveiled

    Phoronix: OpenGL 4.3, OpenGL ES 3.0 Specifications Unveiled

    Just as I reported last week would happen at SIGGRAPH and in late May first talked about OpenGL ES 3.0, today at the first day of SIGGRAPH LA 2012 the Khronos Group announced the release of the OpenGL 4.3 and OpenGL ES 3.0 graphics API specifications...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTE1NTA

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoronix View Post
    Just as I reported last week would happen at SIGGRAPH
    Speculative reporting isn't really reporting. When you're taking a guess, even an educated guess, it's speculation not reporting. Please don't try to pass it off as anything else; it tends to discredit when you actually report on other stories. Basically it shows you not knowing the difference between a report and speculation. BTW, you're free to speculate on things as much as you like, but you really need to work on not passing it off as reporting and call it what it is.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by losinggeneration View Post
    Speculative reporting isn't really reporting. When you're taking a guess, even an educated guess, it's speculation not reporting. Please don't try to pass it off as anything else; it tends to discredit when you actually report on other stories. Basically it shows you not knowing the difference between a report and speculation. BTW, you're free to speculate on things as much as you like, but you really need to work on not passing it off as reporting and call it what it is.
    Maybe he had inside sources?

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fazer View Post
    Maybe he had inside sources?
    Possibly, but based on a quote from the other story
    On Wednesday, 8 August, there will be a Khronos news conference to "Join us for great news about Khronos APIs!" This will most likely be where OpenGL 4.3 and OpenGL ES 3.0 will be introduced.
    I'd say most likely not since he does not mention any inside sources for this conjecture.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,177

    Default

    Oh come on guys. If we are really strict you might be right but who cares? Let's not kill this thread right from the start.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d2kx View Post
    Oh come on guys. If we are really strict you might be right but who cares? Let's not kill this thread right from the start.
    Someone who wants to be a credible source should care, but I digress, as for the topic at hand, I think it's great that OpenGL 4.3 is out as well as the long awaited OpenGL ES 3.0.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by losinggeneration View Post
    Speculative reporting isn't really reporting.
    Don't tell that to the New York Times.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •