Thread: HelenOS 0.5: Micro-Kernel Multi-Server OS Release

Default HelenOS 0.5: Micro-Kernel Multi-Server OS Release

Phoronix: HelenOS 0.5: Micro-Kernel Multi-Server OS Release

HelenOS 0.5.0 has been released, which is a micro-kernel multi-server open-source operating system...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTE1NzA

I really wish Phoronix would give Haiku OS some coverage. Possibly the best hobbiest OS I know.

And not to mention that Haiku is most likely the most feature complete hobby-os out there. It is much more mature then AROS or ReactOS and all others I know off.
    Actually I'm curious , do you guys know any other hobby-os as developed as Haiku or even more ?

Quote Originally Posted by lgstoian View Post
    And not to mention that Haiku is most likely the most feature complete hobby-os out there. It is much more mature then AROS or ReactOS and all others I know off.
    Actually I'm curious , do you guys know any other hobby-os as developed as Haiku or even more ?
    Maybe Syllable? Anyway, I really like where Haiku is going, too bad it doesn't have more developers...

Doesn't Syllable have like one guy developing it ? Back in the day it used to be king. But I don't know what happened , a few years back the project just died.
    Now even AROS is far ahead. It got wireless support , 3d acceleration. Actually AROS is on par with HAIKU maturity wise. But I still find HAIKU the one with the most potential. Makes more sense as a desktop os then linux.

Well Haiku doesn't have 3D support yet but its slowly in progress and couse use more contributors. That said it stays pretty up to date now with 2D driver support.