Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Results 131 to 135 of 135

Thread: NVIDIA 304.37 Linux Driver Brings 41 Official Changes

  1. #131
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
    What did I demand from people who are not Nvidia?

    Do you think obvious lying on the internet will make me look stupid, or make you stupid?

    The thread was (in part) about nvidia drivers blacklisting nouveau. That's when I bemoaned nvidia's treatment of nouveau. The off-topic stuff was brought about by other people.
    an opinion isn't lying and I said AT not FROM ie you are just ranting at us

    If it was directed to people from nvidia then some form of debate on release philosophy could exist) but just relentlessly pushing ur own dogma on people who are happy with the blob without any give in appreciating where those who tolerate the blob come from is just rude.
    Debates are two way, free flowing of opinions and ideas to come to a common middle ground, if you are going in without an openmind then it isn't a debate it is a soapbox and a rant
    Last edited by Naib; 08-17-2012 at 03:46 PM.

  2. #132
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    3,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
    Release the documentation.
    No.

    You don't like it? Who cares. Deal with it! It's *your* problem, not ours.

  3. #133
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,932

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naib View Post
    If it was directed to people from nvidia then some form of debate on release philosophy could exist) but just relentlessly pushing ur own dogma on people who are happy with the blob without any give in appreciating where those who tolerate the blob come from is just rude.
    Where have I ever done this?

    I have always made it clear that I have no problem if you like the blob for the advantages it brings, just that I want the docs to be released, so people who are not happy with the blob could have an option. Every time anyone asks for docs, they are told to use the blob and shut up. Case in point:

    Quote Originally Posted by RealNC
    No.

    You don't like it? Who cares. Deal with it! It's *your* problem, not ours.
    How am I pushing dogma on you? It's clear that RealNC is pushing his dogma on me, not the other way around.
    Last edited by pingufunkybeat; 08-17-2012 at 03:55 PM.

  4. #134
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naib View Post
    people who are happy with the blob
    This is self-contradicting. Its more like "people who tolerate the blob, because it does the job".

  5. #135
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    3,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycheese View Post
    This is self-contradicting. Its more like "people who tolerate the blob, because it does the job".
    I'm happy with the blob. And I know others who are too.

    And if the blob doesn't behave sometimes, we expect a better blob in the next version. I don't see why it would have to be open. I used open drivers before (AMD); the bugs are just as annoying as the ones in the blobs.
    Last edited by RealNC; 08-19-2012 at 01:19 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •