12.8 up on site, but broken link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A workaround :d

Right something is certainly wrong with the Link however you can still obtain the file from the ati server by changing the url to this and then extracting the zip http://www2.ati.com/drivers/linux/am...x86.x86_64.zip You will then have ati catalyst 12.8 what amazes me is that they have not spoke about the issue yet tried to fix it even with a few people saying about it on their own forums....

Comment

Funny, usually it's the installer that's broken

Now it's the download link.

Comment

And the eternal question, this release works with debian amd 64 + xorg 1.12 ?

Comment

Ummmm doesn't work with kernel 3.5 for me thats why I've been waiting for 12.8 :'( blah just read the main page and changes given on here lol what's the fricken point of another driver for. 12.04 blah stupid amd -_-
          Last edited by xillius200; 16 August 2012, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by xillius200 View Post
            Ummmm doesn't work with kernel 3.5 for me thats why I've been waiting for 12.8 :'( blah just read the main page and changes given on here lol what's the fricken point of another driver for. 12.04 blah stupid amd -_-
            Does it at least work with the 3.4 series ?

Comment

Originally posted by Rallos Zek View Post
              Does it at least work with the 3.4 series ?
              According to other sources the 12.8 driver does indeed work with kernel series 3.4

"No more xserver 1.12 crash for amd64 and patches for kernel 3.4" is what the other source has said
              Last edited by xillius200; 16 August 2012, 02:48 PM.

Comment

According to other sources the 12.8 driver does indeed work with kernel series 3.4

"No more xserver 1.12 crash for amd64 and patches for kernel 3.4" is what the other source has said
                Thanks for the reply.

Been stuck on 3.3.8 for too long.

Comment

Originally posted by Rallos Zek View Post
                  Thanks for the reply.

Been stuck on 3.3.8 for too long.
                  lol no problem xD in other news I posted the problem on the amd game forum with the correct link and they have updated the amd site some time ago don't know when xD so it now points the the .zip link

Also anyone on ubuntu 12.10 there is a 3.4 series kernels available here --> http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/ while it does mean downgrading your kernel it does mean you can enjoy the AMD graphics update xD

Comment

it isn't too hard to get it working with 3.5
                    or get the patch from https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=29111

Comment

Originally posted by .CME. View Post
                      it isn't too hard to get it working with 3.5
                      or get the patch from https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=29111
                      lol I know that xD however I meant by default without any messing around needed

If it don't work without patching then I don't like it xD im just annoyed that amd haven't supported 3.5 kernel by now lol

Comment

Working...
                      X