Thread: NVIDIA Releases $299 Kepler Graphics Card

Hybrid View

Default NVIDIA Releases $299 Kepler Graphics Card

Phoronix: NVIDIA Releases $299 Kepler Graphics Card

NVIDIA has announced today the release of their GeForce GTX 660 Ti "Kepler" graphics card, a new competitive NVIDIA GPU for the $299 USD price-point. The Linux binary driver from NVIDIA should be able to handle this new graphics processor while the Kepler support for Nouveau is still being raised...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTE2MTU

In the coming months the open-source Nouveau driver support will be removed, but it's in a less than ideal state right now.
    Michael, guessing "removed" is a typo ?

Quote Originally Posted by bridgman View Post
    Michael, guessing "removed" is a typo ?

Err yeah, thanks, removed/improved.

One day I'll reach Alaska, or die trying!

Thumbs up

Nice! These will be awesome cards for those who cannot quite afford the $400 beasts.

Neato, too bad I went with a GTX 670 already. Couldn't be happier, Diablo 3 in Wine on max settings... YES SIR!

Valve double time it, I need some demanding native games to throw at my card. Hook Us Up Already!!!!

when i built my first computer in 2004, i bought a geforce 6600 gt for 189$.
    i just now bought a 670 for the computer i just built for 400$.
    back when i built my first computer the flagship geforce 6800 ultra was like 350$ or so.

i think graphics cards are way too overpriced nowadays. they realy should just take a couple generations to not improve performance, but to reduce cost and reduce profile. the mid range cards should not take up 2 expansion slots.

also back then, that 6600 gt ran awsome in linux with the binary driver and i was able to play doom3/quake4 on almost max settings. it was pretty awsome, too bad it burned itself up.