Thread: NVIDIA Releases $299 Kepler Graphics Card

Default NVIDIA Releases $299 Kepler Graphics Card

Phoronix: NVIDIA Releases $299 Kepler Graphics Card

NVIDIA has announced today the release of their GeForce GTX 660 Ti "Kepler" graphics card, a new competitive NVIDIA GPU for the $299 USD price-point. The Linux binary driver from NVIDIA should be able to handle this new graphics processor while the Kepler support for Nouveau is still being raised...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTE2MTU

In the coming months the open-source Nouveau driver support will be removed, but it's in a less than ideal state right now.
    Michael, guessing "removed" is a typo ?

Quote Originally Posted by bridgman View Post
    Michael, guessing "removed" is a typo ?

Err yeah, thanks, removed/improved.

One day I'll reach Alaska, or die trying!

Thumbs up

Nice! These will be awesome cards for those who cannot quite afford the $400 beasts.

Neato, too bad I went with a GTX 670 already. Couldn't be happier, Diablo 3 in Wine on max settings... YES SIR!

Valve double time it, I need some demanding native games to throw at my card. Hook Us Up Already!!!!

when i built my first computer in 2004, i bought a geforce 6600 gt for 189$.
    i just now bought a 670 for the computer i just built for 400$.
    back when i built my first computer the flagship geforce 6800 ultra was like 350$ or so.

i think graphics cards are way too overpriced nowadays. they realy should just take a couple generations to not improve performance, but to reduce cost and reduce profile. the mid range cards should not take up 2 expansion slots.

also back then, that 6600 gt ran awsome in linux with the binary driver and i was able to play doom3/quake4 on almost max settings. it was pretty awsome, too bad it burned itself up.

I'm actually purchasing a 670 today. Don't know how long it will take for the 660ti to be released in .AU and I'm impatient.

I'll be purchasing something of the likes as well, as AMD has forced my hand, but I'm patient. Perhaps I'll wait for the 700 series.