Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Radeon Gallium3D Gains Greater MSAA Support

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    15,387

    Default Radeon Gallium3D Gains Greater MSAA Support

    Phoronix: Radeon Gallium3D Gains Greater MSAA Support

    As expected, with Marek Olk requesting a delay in branching Mesa 9.0 so that he can land more features, support for multi-sample anti-aliasing (MSAA) for more ATI/AMD Radeon hardware has landed plus there's improved anti-aliasing support for currently-supported GPUs...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTE2NjQ

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,153

    Default

    Hope we can get MSAA (and related AA stuff) into Intel and open source Nvidia too.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI, USA
    Posts
    881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uid313 View Post
    Hope we can get MSAA (and related AA stuff) into Intel and open source Nvidia too.
    If I remember correctly, it's already in the Intel driver. Not sure about Nouveau.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veerappan View Post
    If I remember correctly, it's already in the Intel driver. Not sure about Nouveau.
    "but MSAA on nouveau has been implemented for almost a year now"
    http://phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...780#post275780

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    San Bernardino, CA
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Nice that we now have MSAA! The only problem is the low performance of the radeon driver makes enabling MSAA moot.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gururise View Post
    Nice that we now have MSAA! The only problem is the low performance of the radeon driver makes enabling MSAA moot.
    Well, I think it's worth a shot. MSAA is implemented with all optimizations on R700. The only missing optimization on Evergreen is fast color clear. There is nothing else to make it better AFAIK.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •