Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's The End Of August, Qt 5.0 Beta Is Still Not Ready

Quote Originally Posted by 89c51 View Post
    Qt has quite a few people behind it working on it full time i think. And EFL also. Gtk according to this has only one.
    There are hundreds of developers working on upstream Qt fulltime employed by various different companies like Digia, Intel, KDAB and Accenture. You can't really compare it to GTK or ELF tough as it covers a lot more functionality (like glib, clutter, gtkwebkit...).
    Last edited by Teho; 08-25-2012 at 01:36 PM.

all i care about is wayland support. gtk is half ready. what's the status of qt?

Quote Originally Posted by garegin View Post
    all i care about is wayland support. gtk is half ready. what's the status of qt?
    Wayland support in Qt has been ready for a while. It was one of the main things that the Lighthouse project was adressing.

If you care about Wayland support, you automatically care about Qt 5 because it's part of Qt 5.
    Next time before askin stupid questions just browse to Wayland's website, where an overview of toolkits supporting it is listed, or browse to Wikipedia.

Not sure what's all the rush about Qt5. Qt4 is working great.

It's the second or third time I read on phoronix that the beta is delayed.

Just report it when it's here. ( Qt isn't freakin E17 )

i read wayland's website every day. qt doesn't have complete support. I was asking about the level of completion.

i read wayland's website every day. qt doesn't have complete support. I was asking about the level of completion.
    The “Known issues” section from http://wayland.freedesktop.org/qt5.html#heading_toc_j_3 only lists client-side decorations which “have different effect on Wayland compositors”.
    Unless the page lies, this sounds rather complete to me and considering that client-side decorations are a really stupid idea to begin with, I'm not sure Qt even should fully implement this.