Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wayland 1.0 Coming "In A Month Or Two"

Hybrid View

Default Wayland 1.0 Coming "In A Month Or Two"

Phoronix: Wayland 1.0 Coming "In A Month Or Two"

Kristian Høgsberg just finished speaking at this year's GStreamer Conference behind held in San Diego, California. Kristian was talking about the forthcoming Wayland 1.0 release and Wayland's hardware-accelerated video playback support...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTE3MTE

Phoronix - 99% links to itself.

Quote Originally Posted by mark45 View Post

Agree It's very annoying

Anyone else notice Kristian is actually using Wayland to give the presentation?

usually in a mac vm. to rub the salt in the wound that the linux desktop is 20 years of fail.

Quote Originally Posted by garegin View Post
    usually in a mac vm. to rub the salt in the wound that the linux desktop is 20 years of fail.
    There are no BLACK mac laptops you fokin troll

btw what's with all the hate towards phoronix, let the guy autopromote himself all he wants... those mac retinas aren't gonna pay for themselves you know

Quote Originally Posted by mark45 View Post
    More than that... I love his "first to publicly mention the project" line. Really - the project was a complete secret before Phoronix discovered it, never spoken of by the developers?

Quote Originally Posted by Delgarde View Post
    More than that... I love his "first to publicly mention the project" line. Really - the project was a complete secret before Phoronix discovered it, never spoken of by the developers?
    I'll be honest with you, I've used Linux for years, and I never heard of Wayland until it was mentioned on Phoronix. In fact, there have been many interesting projects, Linux news and more that I first heard about on Phoronix (ie. the Kernel power bugs, etc). I don't have time to trawl through hundreds of private e-mail lists and read thousands of messages. I'm grateful that Phoronix does the dirty work for me, and lets me just read the interesting bits.

@ asdx. if you relax for a minute you'll see that I was not spreading FUD against linux. i was pointing out the embarrassing detail that at these presentations many of the people run the demo in a vm on mac. like the brtfs video. if you want to promote a product you don't run it in a vm on your "enemy's" OS.

Quote Originally Posted by garegin View Post
    @ asdx. if you relax for a minute you'll see that I was not spreading FUD against linux. i was pointing out the embarrassing detail that at these presentations many of the people run the demo in a vm on mac. like the brtfs video. if you want to promote a product you don't run it in a vm on your "enemy's" OS.
    That "Apple has released a nice product which is used by a large number of people in the linux community" is not embarrassing for linux developers. Having a linux supporter feel the need to publicly "pooh-pooh" a linux developer for using a Macbook to give a presentation... That's embarrassing.

It's not about beating Apple/MSFT. It's about delivering something special to the world. We've got phones, network equipment, telecom equipment, stock markets, automated factories, scientific establishments, and a tremendous number of enterprises and productivity users. The world runs linux, and they don't even know it.

SENT FROM MY IPHONE

F