Thread: NVIDIA Releases Updated VDPAU LIbrary

Hybrid View

Default NVIDIA Releases Updated VDPAU LIbrary

Phoronix: NVIDIA Releases Updated VDPAU LIbrary

NVIDIA on Tuesday released the open-source libvdpau 0.5 library for their Video Decode and Presentation API for Unix...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTE3NTg

One fix is to workaround the Flash blob passing color arguments to a function in an incorrect order, which can lead to some Flash videos having a bluish tint.
    Yes!, finally no more bad colored videos on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaodan View Post
    Yes!, finally no more bad colored videos on youtube.
    Yes, I suspect that was hurting anyone using the driver from nvidia (myself included). Luckily, when Adobe drops support, they really drop it, they can't be bothered to fix stuff like this

I just upgraded to a GTX660 Ti from a HD3870 Radeon. One of the problems I am experiencing is the video layer for flash is drawing not only int he browser but sometimes to the desktop. Not sure if it's a fault with the transparent layer used or problem with clipping/redraw.

I say the above as maybe this will fix the problem.

EDIT: "One fix is to workaround the Flash blob passing color arguments to a function in an incorrect order, which can lead to some Flash videos having a bluish tint. The other fix is for colors bleeding through to other windows. Lastly, there's a small memory leak fix when unloading libvdpau. "

Yes that's the problem... I have also noticed videos playing in smurf mode.

Just updated the lib. So far no smurf videos, and the once overlay problem has gone.

A new issue I've noticed is the video layer isn't very good with scrolling. I see lime green transparent layer late to shift from the once video overlay area when scrolling in firefox.

I get the blue videos also with OSS radeon driver on HD4350. What's up with that? I am not sure I even have this vdpau library installed.

Quote Originally Posted by e8hffff View Post
    A new issue I've noticed is the video layer isn't very good with scrolling. I see lime green transparent layer late to shift from the once video overlay area when scrolling in firefox.
    Ah, you young people... who don't remember the times when graphic cards used dedicated hardware overlays to display video, instead of this fancy textured video stuff nowadays. You'd get this effect all the time when moving around the mplayer window, except that the default Xv colorkey is blue, not green. It's impossible to fix this, it's just the nature of overlays.

The way mplayer works around it with vdpau is it sets the colorkey to something that's almost black. Meaning it's effectively black to the human eye so you don't notice this effect, but it's not black to the computer so no "bleeding through".