Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Humble Indie Bundle 6 Passes One Million Dollars

Default Humble Indie Bundle 6 Passes One Million Dollars

Phoronix: Humble Indie Bundle 6 Passes One Million Dollars

The latest Humble Indie Bundle has just been live for a period of four days, but it's already generated more than one million dollars...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTE5MjM

I think this is a good candidate to best bundle. It doesn't have any big names like Bastion, but all games look solid and fun. I already had SPAZ from Steam, but I still managed to get this one again.

Quote Originally Posted by ghexsel View Post
    It doesn't have any big names like Bastion.
    What about Torchlight XD

Have them all but haven't played even half of the games, not much of a gamer really. However given that as long as I like one or two games out of a bundle it's still a real bargain, that they provide (mostly) native Linux offerings and that I really like promoting DRM-free software (and the indie-game scene in general), I will continue to throw my money at them!

Quality games, cheap prices, all platforms supported, the receipt to success

Default I am cheapskate.

I wish I could pay more for this amazing game, Torchlight, but so completely broke...
    Hope they will iron all bugs out shortly. specially one with lvl 3 and missing face.

Quote Originally Posted by dimko View Post
    I wish I could pay more for this amazing game, Torchlight, but so completely broke...
    Hope they will iron all bugs out shortly. specially one with lvl 3 and missing face.
    The 2012-09-20 version of Torchlight fixed the level 3 portal bug but not the missing faces. Download it again from HB and resintall. If the installer segfaults then try uninstalling the previous version first.

With fglrx it seems to crash often, ususally when changing levels via a portal or stairs. Crash recovery is rather good and usually clicking the "Continue" button on the main menu returns me to nearly the same position before the crash.

I'm using a Radeon HD 4770 (R740) with Unbutu 12.04 (Precise Pangolin) x86_64. Same game another system with an Nvidia GeForce GTS ???? is more stable and rarely crashes.

I'd have to say that SPAZ is an amazing game. Definitely one of my favorites already!

Default allright

Quote Originally Posted by jhansonxi View Post
    The 2012-09-20 version of Torchlight fixed the level 3 portal bug but not the missing faces. Download it again from HB and resintall. If the installer segfaults then try uninstalling the previous version first.
    lets see it!

I think my favorite (which would be Torchlight, but the bugs kinda kill it) right now would have to be Rochard. That game throws Metroid, Trine and half-life into a blender and comes out strong. It is a very polished game, has decent voice acting, and visuals on par with team fortress 2 in my opinion. I was pleasantly surprised to say the least.

The visual style and gameplay of Dust Runner's was charming, and reminded me a bit of N+ and Gish. Very good job to that team for making a 2D game I can get into. The charactor design was pretty solid as well. Hopefully we will see some more from that team in the future.