Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 53

Thread: Valve's Steam Linux Beta About To Drop?

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ofen View Post
    Where can I sign up for the closed beta test?
    On the blog they said that anyone who expresses his interest (in the comments) would get added to the list.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    25

    Default

    but, they are not approving comments anymore, for a long time.
    kinda like abandoned

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Vilnius, Lithuania
    Posts
    2,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackout23 View Post
    On the blog they said that anyone who expresses his interest (in the comments) would get added to the list.
    In other words, send requests to /dev/null?

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    263

    Default

    Well, this popped up today on that CDR website thingi: http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/16571
    Last Updated 2012-09-07 05:28:18
    Name ValveTestApp218980 Early Access
    Don't know if that's connected to the LinuxSteam sub that was detected yesterday but since it has 'Early Access' in it's name, I guess it has.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by richi902 View Post
    but, they are not approving comments anymore, for a long time.
    kinda like abandoned
    All the comments have to be authorized and they'll not be adding comments on old blog posts of course.
    You can also contact them using the email they provided in their first blog post.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    14

    Default

    They added 2 new apps: "Portal" and "Portal Content" (http://marlamin.com/cdr/view.php?type=sub&id=16549)...

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    263

    Default

    huh? I'd have thought that L4D2 would be the first to be added...strange?

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Old Europe
    Posts
    904

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Detructor View Post
    huh? I'd have thought that L4D2 would be the first to be added...strange?
    Probably they'll give Portal away for free as they did at the time of the Steam Mac launch.

    Btw, I generally hate the F2P "movement" but I don't get why Valve didn't ported Team Fortress 2 first for the beta.
    A multiplayer game, which is playable free of charge, should be best choice for a public beta.
    But then again, maybe the Linux version of L4D2 will be free for the time of the beta as well.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Probably they'll give Portal away for free as they did at the time of the Steam Mac launch.

    Btw, I generally hate the F2P "movement" but I don't get why Valve didn't ported Team Fortress 2 first for the beta.
    A multiplayer game, which is playable free of charge, should be best choice for a public beta.
    But then again, maybe the Linux version of L4D2 will be free for the time of the beta as well.
    Well, that would be because TF2's source is quite the clusterfuck, and I think they may be considering an engine switch to the latest source, something that was petitioned a bit of time ago in order to fix some serious bugs affecting the game as well as increasing perfomance.

    I think TF2's will be the last game to be ported, unfortunately. Although I hope to be proven wrong.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Old Europe
    Posts
    904

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BoTuLoX View Post
    Well, that would be because TF2's source is quite the clusterfuck
    Is it? I thought all Source games share more or less the same level of code quality.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •