Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Crazies: Linux w/o Ethernet, Multi-Monitor, Multi-User

The kernel trolls sound like (or maybe are poking fun at) Gnome devs. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Miguel de Icaza.
    Anyway, it's not like we're going to end trolling by not posting an article or two. Remember, "Trolls are like geese. They sh!t everywhere and never leave."

Quote Originally Posted by DanL View Post
    The kernel trolls sound like (or maybe are poking fun at) Gnome devs. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Miguel de Icaza.
    That's exactly what I thought.

It isn't quite a stretch from their mentality to what's been driving GNOME designers these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    If they're simply wanting to get their posts on Phoronix, I do happily accept freelance articles... Would save me from busting my ass all day constantly, but regardless, it's nice and good for you having a laugh once in a while.
    ... but at what cost?

Quote Originally Posted by DanL View Post
    "Trolls are like geese. They sh!t everywhere and never leave."
    That's because they are getting their reward, otherwise they wouldn't stay. (In the majority of cases)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reward_dependence
    Last edited by mybug; 09-07-2012 at 07:33 PM.

Default Moronix

This trolling is a direct result of idiotic Phoronix (aka Moronix) who feed the trolls and encourage this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by uid313 View Post
    This trolling is a direct result of idiotic Phoronix (aka Moronix) who feed the trolls and encourage this shit.
    I say let them be. It's not like it's trolling because they don't try to hurt anyone or anything, it's just joking around - pretty much fun for everyone because these ridiculous suggestions are funny. And it's not like these one or two emails a week are going to hurt anything.

http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/war...tm/troller.htm

Troller is looking for a response...ANY response, and he will chum the waters with complaints, insults, compliments, and inflammatory tidbits hoping that someone...ANYONE, will take the bait. Generally quite harmless - practices a form of catch and release. Nonetheless, he can upset the delicate ecology of a discussion forum. Once a forum becomes aware of his presence, however, all feeding activity ceases and Troller must move on to more promising waters.

Quote Originally Posted by halfmanhalfamazing View Post
    http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/war...tm/troller.htm

Troller is looking for a response...ANY response, and he will chum the waters with complaints, insults, compliments, and inflammatory tidbits hoping that someone...ANYONE, will take the bait. Generally quite harmless - practices a form of catch and release. Nonetheless, he can upset the delicate ecology of a discussion forum. Once a forum becomes aware of his presence, however, all feeding activity ceases and Troller must move on to more promising waters.
    What he's doing is roughly the equivalent to just people joking around. It's not doing any harm as it is, and there's only been one response with ASCII art I fail to recognize, so there's not really any "feeding" going on. If anything I could assume you're trying to upset a discussion. Your comment, unlike this supposed Angela Bernard, could actually piss people off.

Crazies: Linux w/o Ethernet, Multi-Monitor, Multi-User
    sounds like the average Android phone to me

Quote Originally Posted by Teho View Post
    Seriously why do you report these? Way to encourage vandalism...

Like when you read a newspaper report about rape, so you go out and rape someone. Or you read about somebody blowing up a market that just encourages more people to blow up markets.

/sigh

Quote Originally Posted by 89c51 View Post
    I am pretty sure Richard Stallman is behind this
    This is the explanation I chose to believe in :-D