Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34

Thread: Marek Cleans-Up & Refactors R600g Driver

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    15,656

    Default Marek Cleans-Up & Refactors R600g Driver

    Phoronix: Marek Cleans-Up & Refactors R600g Driver

    Marek Olk has continued with his passionate development contributions to the R600 Gallium3D driver, being one of the few independent contributors continuing to make heavy contributions to this open-source AMD Linux graphics driver...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTE4MTU

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,196

    Default Go go

    Go go Radeon superhero Marek!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    43

    Thumbs up

    Many thanks <3

  4. #4

    Default

    Hint for AMD HR department: hire Marek Olk as soon as possible.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enrico.tagliavini View Post
    Hint for AMD HR department: hire Marek Olk as soon as possible.
    Yeah, AMD should see potential and hire him as soon as possible before Intel or Nvidia hires him.

    Fly him to the office in the company jet and roll out the red carpet for Radeon supehero rockstar Marek!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Russe, Bulgaria
    Posts
    543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uid313 View Post
    Yeah, AMD should see potential and hire him as soon as possible before Intel or Nvidia hires him.

    Fly him to the office in the company jet and roll out the red carpet for Radeon supehero rockstar Marek!
    Marek was approached by AMD first, but he refused. All current AMD open source developers are working on radeonsi, so I am happy Marek is not one of them and works on r600g.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI, USA
    Posts
    884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drago View Post
    Marek was approached by AMD first, but he refused. All current AMD open source developers are working on radeonsi, so I am happy Marek is not one of them and works on r600g.
    That's also what I recall. I believe that he's still attending university in some capacity according to previous statements by either himself or Michael.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Well, it's up to him to decide, but I think it would be better for the community if Marek was able to continue contributing to the graphic stack from outside AMD.
    Not that AMD guys are doing a bad job, but we also need great people outside who may not be restrained by AMD internal IP review processes.


    Why not Valve? (I know it was also proposed to him)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,191

    Default

    hi, marek i have an stupid idea[that maybe can be good] since i don't have time to deal with learning gallium enough to implement opengl missing bits i was thinking that i should understand gallium enough to help optimizing the command stream but i was curious if exist a tool that let me, lets say run piglit and capture the CS from fglrx so i can compare it against r600g, maybe i can shoot some low hanging fruits in there.

    another thing i could spent my time with is comparing performance against a reference base[fglrx] but i wish to know if you know any utility that let me capture every gl call and see how much time needed to execute[not sure if can be possible with something like apitrace] dunno for example GL_ARB_Extension 200ms, ofc i don't expect to discover boiling water this way but it can provide a good start point to tackle some low hanging bottlenecks at least

    i do code optimization all day at work and i have lots of patience for it[Qt/C++ tho] but unlike cpu code im not sure if the gpu tools exist, so if the tooling i need exists[love if you can give the names so i can get them] and you can give me some starting points ill try my best in bot read the code

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jrch2k8 View Post
    hi, marek i have an stupid idea[that maybe can be good] since i don't have time to deal with learning gallium enough to implement opengl missing bits i was thinking that i should understand gallium enough to help optimizing the command stream but i was curious if exist a tool that let me, lets say run piglit and capture the CS from fglrx so i can compare it against r600g, maybe i can shoot some low hanging fruits in there.

    another thing i could spent my time with is comparing performance against a reference base[fglrx] but i wish to know if you know any utility that let me capture every gl call and see how much time needed to execute[not sure if can be possible with something like apitrace] dunno for example GL_ARB_Extension 200ms, ofc i don't expect to discover boiling water this way but it can provide a good start point to tackle some low hanging bottlenecks at least

    i do code optimization all day at work and i have lots of patience for it[Qt/C++ tho] but unlike cpu code im not sure if the gpu tools exist, so if the tooling i need exists[love if you can give the names so i can get them] and you can give me some starting points ill try my best in bot read the code
    Maybe your question can be better answered in the mesa mailing list or IRC. Even though there are devs reading the forum it might be missed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •