Thread: Compiz Working On Unredirected Fullscreen Windows

Hybrid View

Default Compiz Working On Unredirected Fullscreen Windows

Phoronix: Compiz Working On Unredirected Fullscreen Windows

Ubuntu developers are working on improving the performance of Unity and Compiz, but it may take a while that will almost certainly extend past the Ubuntu 12.10 release. As part of this, support for un-redirecting full-screen windows has been improved...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTE4NDU

Default a solution

Shameless plug for my own solution to this: https://github.com/coder543/procmon

Procmon is a tool to respond to changes in the process landscape. You can have a rule set so that when such and such game is started, kill unity. When it exits, start unity. Stuff like that... pretty simple, and compiling it is a breeze because it really is only one C file and one H file, and it acts as an interpreter similar to how bash acts as an interpreter.

I personally would prefer an option that doesn't involve unredircting fullscreen windows, there are still plenty of useful cases for compositing a them.

what about dual monitor? if you disable redirecting how do they plan to handle the other desktop?

Canonical could have pumped 1mil into Lima for example, instead of what was it again? Better mali support is better for everybody.

I just hope we get better performance sooner rather than later!

Liam of www.gamingonlinux.com and www.linux4today.com