Thread: A Game Built On The Enlightenment Foundation Libraries

Default A Game Built On The Enlightenment Foundation Libraries

Phoronix: A Game Built On The Enlightenment Foundation Libraries

Aside from having an obscure name, making Escape From Booty Bay an interesting open-source game is that it's built atop EFL, the Enlightenment Foundation Libraries...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTE4NTE

This game looks familiar... where have I seen it before?

Why does a window manager need a physics engine?

As far I read, Enlightenment is like QT/KDE, a toolkit + some applications + a windows manager. Physics engine is part of the toolkit I guess.

Side topic: I heard Rovio and Canoncial was making a deal about getting Angry Birds on USC. Any one know anything about that?

Yay FOSS clones of random game X

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger_Coder View Post
    As far I read, Enlightenment is like QT/KDE, a toolkit + some applications + a windows manager. Physics engine is part of the toolkit I guess.

Side topic: I heard Rovio and Canoncial was making a deal about getting Angry Birds on USC. Any one know anything about that?
    EFL are the toolkit and E17 is a DE based on the toolkit.

There is also another game being developed which is a minesweeper clone.

And yeah cloning popular games rubs me a bit wrong even if this is just a showcase.

Quote Originally Posted by 89c51 View Post
    And yeah cloning popular games rubs me a bit wrong even if this is just a showcase.
    Most tech-demos are created by developers who have little interest in making, publishing, or selling a full fledged game. The objective is to demonstrate the technology to real game developers, in an effort to spark their interest in the toolkit.

That said, my 3 year old finds "Trucks-n-Skulls" far more entertaining than Angry Birds.

F

A window manager can use a physics engine for thewobbly windows! But wait, there's more! What about bouncy scroll lists? I guess you catch my drift. I wouldn't be supprised that iOS makes heavy use of pyhsics.