Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Fedora 18 Alpha "Spherical Cow" Released

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    15,102

    Default Fedora 18 Alpha "Spherical Cow" Released

    Phoronix: Fedora 18 "Spherical Cow" Released

    Fedora 18, which is codenamed the "Spherical Cow", was officially released today...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTE4NzU

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    863

    Default

    The title is misleading without mentioning "Alpha".

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mark45 View Post
    The title is misleading without mentioning "Alpha".
    Big mishap on my part for sleeping about 8~9 hours in three days... Corrected now just in time for me to go to sleep. Sorry about that title.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    863

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Big mishap on my part for sleeping about 8~9 hours in three days... Corrected now just in time for me to go to sleep. Sorry about that title.
    Needless to say sleeping so little is almost as bad for your health as doing drugs.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    542

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mark45 View Post
    Needless to say sleeping so little is almost as bad for your health as doing drugs.
    some drugs in small quantities can be good for your health

    anyway DONT DOWNLOAD SPINS, at least not the xfce one and at least not for a couple weeks(then upgrade yum and anaconda before install, i think just yum is needed but to be sure)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    542

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gens View Post
    DONT DOWNLOAD SPINS, at least not the xfce one and at least not for a couple weeks(then upgrade yum and anaconda before install, i think just yum is needed but to be sure)
    actualy, scratch that, the gnome3 version has the bug too

    its because of this http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Featur...kPackageGroups
    itl be working soon, probably after including yum-3.4.3-45 , probably
    (dont forget to upgrade yum before starting the install, also anaconda --text is better at this point)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •