Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Humble Indie Bundle 6 Brings In New Games

I did the shut up and take my money move for this one I have been waiting for torchlight for a LONGGGGG while. I have both nvidia and AMD cards that are comparable on close processors so I am going to be testing that one out.

Quote Originally Posted by directhex View Post
    Note: Rochard = Mono-based
    Unless I'm mistaken Rochard uses Unity. Unity only uses Mono for scripting, Unity itself is a native runtime written in C++, so saying it's 'Mono-based' is quite a stretch as the most important component is the native runtime.

On another note all the games in this humble bundle looks great, time to make a purchase!

Quote Originally Posted by Malizor View Post
    Fun fact: here (Ubuntu 12.04 + Radeon HD3650), Dustforce is laggy with Catalyst and run perfectly with the free driver.
    I did not try any other HIB6 game for now.
    If the catalyst driver is pegging your cpu(s) at max it could be a latency issue. You input has to wait too long to get a responds and thus it feels laggy though the framerate is quite high.

Quote Originally Posted by narciso View Post
    If someone tries Torchlight, try to notice if you character head become transparent when a helmet is used.
    both AMD (flgrx) and nvidia (official) cause the transparent faces

Is Torchlight Native? or wrapped in wine?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonzest View Post
    Is Torchlight Native? or wrapped in wine?
    AFAIK, the Mac version has been out for some time and is native. Don't see why they would use wine on linux.

Rochard - runs super good. can alt+tab, switch workspaces in fullscreen mode, pressing esc key to bring up menu ugrabs mouse so i can use my second monitor etc. this is how all games should be.. Unity engine seems nice.
    Shatter - works fine but just not my type of game.
    SPAZ - installs fine. 2 Fps in the menus. havent even tryed to lag beyond menu with that framerate.
    Dustforce - works fine without issues
    Torchlight - haven't tryed the native version yet, completed the game via wine without issues and TL2 preload is also waiting for release date.
    Vessel - waiting for packages.

System Specs:
    Processor:AMD Phenom II X4 955 , ~3.4GHz
    Memory:8 GB DDR3 (1333Mhz)
    Video Card:Asus Geforce 560 Ti 1GB Direct CU
    Sound Card:Realtek ALC889
    Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-970A-D3
    Operating System:Linux Mint 13 Maya 64bit
    Kernel: 3.5.3
    Filesystem: ext4
    Nvidia drivers: 304.43
    Desktop Environment: MATE

Quote Originally Posted by XorEaxEax View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken Rochard uses Unity. Unity only uses Mono for scripting, Unity itself is a native runtime written in C++, so saying it's 'Mono-based' is quite a stretch as the most important component is the native runtime.
    The "most important component" is the game itself, which is definitely written in either C#, Boo, or JavaScript, on Mono of course (JavaScript being the most popular).

A large part of Unity is also written in C#/Mono, btw. Mono forms the core object system for the engine and is used extensively in their editor, UI system, and more. While they call it "scripting" in the docs, that's just an arbitrary label (and you certainly use C# for a hell of a lot more than "scripting" would imply if you make a serious Unity game). So even if you consider Unity the key bit of the equation, it _is_ still heavily Mono based.

Quote Originally Posted by xpander View Post
    SPAZ - installs fine. 2 Fps in the menus. havent even tryed to lag beyond menu with that framerate.
    System Specs:
    Processor:AMD Phenom II X4 955 , ~3.4GHz
    Memory:8 GB DDR3 (1333Mhz)
    Video Card:Asus Geforce 560 Ti 1GB Direct CU
    Sound Card:Realtek ALC889
    Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-970A-D3
    Operating System:Linux Mint 13 Maya 64bit
    Kernel: 3.5.3
    Filesystem: ext4
    Nvidia drivers: 304.43
    Desktop Environment: MATE
    Spaz: Menus are smooth as silk on a 6+ year old ATI Mobility X700 with the Radeon r300g (Gallium) open source drivers.. Pentium M 2.0 Ghz (single core). Kick ass...

Quote Originally Posted by nightmarex View Post
    both AMD (flgrx) and nvidia (official) cause the transparent faces
    Same as this bug? https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=55069