Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Reiser4 File-System Comes To Linux 3.5 Kernel

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    14,805

    Default Reiser4 File-System Comes To Linux 3.5 Kernel

    Phoronix: Reiser4 File-System Comes To Linux 3.5 Kernel

    The Reiser4 file-system has been ported to the Linux 3.5 kernel...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTE5MzA

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,048

    Default Benchmark

    I hope to see it benchmarked vs ext4, zfs, xfs and btrfs.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Srpska Republic, Bosnia&Herzegovina
    Posts
    108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uid313 View Post
    I hope to see it benchmarked vs ext4, zfs, xfs and btrfs.
    +1

    [characters limit]

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    359

    Default

    maybe they should change the name with all the unpleasantness surrounding mr reiser

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by D0pamine View Post
    maybe they should change the name with all the unpleasantness surrounding mr reiser
    I have no problems with a file system bearing the name of a convicted murderer. I do however have a problem with distros named after teenybopper idols.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarex View Post
    I have no problems with a file system bearing the name of a convicted murderer. I do however have a problem with distros named after teenybopper idols.

    reiserfs has always served me well and I understand that hans reiser isn't the only developer but then again I wouldn't eat mansons beans or rent a property from fred west letting agent

    whats in a name? so why not change it? meh just a suggestion

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •