Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GNOME 3.6 Released

Quote Originally Posted by asdx View Post
    How hard is for someone to start a new forum and for people to move to that new forum? I'm sick of this Michael crap also.
    Well if you want gaming news go to www.gamingonlinux.com

Quote Originally Posted by mark45 View Post
    Sure, Michael is acting like a scammer trying to persuade you to visit more of his pages to get more advertisement money. And yes, at least using a different color for the backlinks would be great, I'm sick having to look at the status bar to avoid clicking on his backlinks.
    et al.

This is called what happens when we've got a monopoly. In this case on Linux benchmarking unfortunately due to a lack of time and interest on the part of us the readers. Unless it changes so he's having to compete well...

Quote Originally Posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
    et al.

This is called what happens when we've got a monopoly. In this case on Linux benchmarking unfortunately due to a lack of time and interest on the part of us the readers. Unless it changes so he's having to compete well...

Geekbench runs on linux, but it isn't OSS (why would a person use non-OSS for benchmarking?).

Default guys please...

cut Michael some slack please. Running costs of this site is from the donations and the ad revenues. Cant blame him for trying to maximize those revenues/page clicks.

I don't use GNOME. but these guys are rediculous with the poweroff/suspend button. Is it really that bad to just show both, or make it a setting? People are going to start complaining that they can't suspend now.

Does anyone know if GStreamer made the cut?

Thanks got Gtk 3.6 it rocks!
    But GNOME 3.6 sucks, and it gets worse and worse!

With menu changes (such as in Cheese), now GNOME applications wont work good in other shells than the official gnome-shell.

I cautiously scan my status bar before clicking.
    Last edited by Marc55Mo; 09-27-2012 at 05:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by boast View Post
    would be nice to have a screenshot in the article

Quote Originally Posted by Massa View Post
    I'm using this release on Arch Linux and Nautilus is actually one of my favorite improvements. Search actually... works now! You should give it a try.
    You expect these people to TRY something before denigrating it? Nautilus is much improved over 3.4, but if you have an issue you want fixed you should raise the issue with your vendor. Oh wait, you're using this for free? Great, then fix it - code talks, forks are free, etc.