Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GNOME 3.6 Released

Quote Originally Posted by devius View Post
    ...the complete butchering of Nautilus to make it as useless as possible. It looks good though, so not all is bad
    The only thing that annoys me about the new version is removal of type to find (yeah the type to find implementation wasn't the greatest, but at least it always worked. Tracker search is great and all but what about network shares and such?)

they made significant improvements to the nautilus UI and did add several features, they didn't *only* remove stuff as people keep insinuating. I was pretty mad when I first heard they were removing stuff during gnome 3.5 development, but after using it I think its an improvement over 3.4 still overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Massa View Post
    I'm using this release on Arch Linux and Nautilus is actually one of my favorite improvements. Search actually... works now! You should give it a try.
    is it in [testing] yet? Or did you compile it?

Quote Originally Posted by bwat47 View Post

is it in [testing] yet? Or did you compile it?
    He must have. I don't see the packages in testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Massa View Post
    I'm using this release on Arch Linux and Nautilus is actually one of my favorite improvements. Search actually... works now! You should give it a try.

The search function always worked for me on arch O_o

Quote Originally Posted by tancrackers View Post
    He must have. I don't see the packages in testing.
    Its in [gnome-unstable]

Quote Originally Posted by Rantpaste View Post
    You expect these people to TRY something before denigrating it? Nautilus is much improved over 3.4, but if you have an issue you want fixed you should raise the issue with your vendor. Oh wait, you're using this for free? Great, then fix it - code talks, forks are free, etc.
    It'd be nice if they fixed the dual pane feature that they removed.

j/k... i'm not going to waste my time forking their project and writing code they have no interest in. i'll just use something else.

Seriously... what kind of a self-absorbed person who thinks they're the only game in town says, "don't like it? fork it!" Uhhh, no. We just won't use it if it's a POS.

Quote Originally Posted by Rantpaste View Post
    You expect these people to TRY something before denigrating it? Nautilus is much improved over 3.4, but if you have an issue you want fixed you should raise the issue with your vendor. Oh wait, you're using this for free? Great, then fix it - code talks, forks are free, etc.
    Yes, he's using this for free and if there's some problem it will be fixed for free as well. It's not proprietary shit like crApple or ms where serious problems remain unfixed, pal. When comes to vendors it's Fedora, Canonical or Gnome project itself, but it seems some morons have no clue.