Thread: Phoronix Test Suite 4.2-Randaberg Hits First Stage

Default Phoronix Test Suite 4.2-Randaberg Hits First Stage

Phoronix: Phoronix Test Suite 4.2-Randaberg Hits First Stage

The first milestone release of Phoronix Test Suite 4.2 (codenamed "Randaberg") was released on Monday morning...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTIwMTQ

Angry Solaris 10 SPARC?

Is there any chance this release will support Solaris 10 on SPARC? I know it works on Sol10 x86.

I have been wanting to benchmark my old sparc systems and been unable to.

Quote Originally Posted by toguro123 View Post
    Is there any chance this release will support Solaris 10 on SPARC? I know it works on Sol10 x86.

I have been wanting to benchmark my old sparc systems and been unable to.

What doesn't work about it on SPARC? I have access to no SPARC hardware so I have no idea, but it should work out just fine... I know some people have run some SPARC and PowerPC benchmarks with PTS previously.

Arrow

I get this message
    "./phoronix-test-suite: PTS_DIR=/export/home/midgard/Downloads/phoronix-test-suite: is not an identifier"

I was able to benchmark SPARC systems on the now retired Solaris 11 express, GNU/Linux with PTS, the PlayStation 3 on Linux, but no Solaris 10 on SPARC.

I could make you an account on one of my SPARC machines if you wish to check the problem out.

I could make you an account on one of my SPARC machines if you wish to check the problem out.
    Sure, that would be good.

Michael

I made you an account on my Sol10 machine. I cannot send you private messages through the forum since your box is full. I sent you an email through the 'Contacts' tab from the main phoronix page with url, usrname, passwd info.

Michael

I made you an account on my Sol10 machine. I cannot send you private messages through the forum since your box is full. I sent you an email through the 'Contacts' tab from the main phoronix page with url, usrname, passwd info.
    From a quick look, if you change #!/bin/sh to #!/usr/bin/bash and then install PHP 5.2+, it should work on your Solaris 10 SPARC box.