Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Running Benchmarks On Other New Linux Games

Default Running Benchmarks On Other New Linux Games

Phoronix: Running Benchmarks On Other New Linux Games

If in recent Linux graphics card reviews and driver articles you have been wanting to see other Linux games benchmarked, you should definitely read this article...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTUyNTU

Thumbs up Thanks

I appreciate your dedication Mr. Larabel. Keep up the good work.

Maybe the Metro: LL developer are not eager to provide benchmark support on Linux...
    This game currently does not run very good on Linux compared to the Windows version on my machine (AMD 7950).

I have the same card, fglrx sucks so it means nothing. To do a fair comparison you have to use a Nvidia card.

I am a Linux users not a coder. Willing to help if I can though.

Serious Sam 3 seems to have benchmarks ?

http://www.serioussam.wikia.com/wiki...nsole_Commands

bmkResults() - Print the previous benchmarking results to the console, if any.
    bmkStartBenchmarking(float tmStartIn, float tmDuration) - Start benchmarking, starting in tmStartIn seconds and lasting for tmDuration seconds. When done, print the results to the console.
    bmkStopBenchmarking() - Immediately stop benchmarking and print the results. This does nothing if benchmarking isn't currently being done.
    bmk_bAutoQuit [bool, default 0] - Presumably if true then benchmarking will quit when done, but doesn't appear to do anything.
    bmk_bBenchmarkDemos [saved bool, default 0]
    bmk_bOnScreenReport [saved bool, default 1] - If true then an OSD will show benchmarking information while it's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by darkbasic View Post
    I have the same card, fglrx sucks so it means nothing. To do a fair comparison you have to use a Nvidia card.
    This.

Actually some people claims that it run faster on linux, but it has no tessellation and there's bugs with the illumination sometimes and the textures looks a little blurry, so windows has better graphics but linux runs faster...

I'm not sure why there's no tessellation... i read somewhere that it's because apple don't have Opengl 4 support... but OSx 10.9 supports 4.1 :S

Serious Sam falls into the Steam issues.

Default People still want it

Michael automated or not, people still want those tests.
    We shall understand we can't make those tests on our own machine in automated way, but you should process them anyway.

I put this way, automated vs relevant, I take relevant any time.
    Heck, most people wont bother playing Xonotic anyway. I am sick of Quake 3 clones.

It's up to you, but point of Internet is to spread knowledge. There is no much point spreading news that everyone and their dog knows about. But relevant information is hard to come by.

Default and one more thing

I can install your tests and do them myself. But it's not why i come to your site.
    I am lazy and i like to be spoon fed. And I come to your site to determine if I can or should buy new hardware I don't have. So i have purpose. I want to know what to buy for games i want to play. And as majority here, I want to buy PC for MetroLL and not for some Quake3 clone.(don't get me wrong they are fine, but i played them a lot, i just have no interest anymore)
    Last edited by dimko; 11-25-2013 at 10:17 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by dimko View Post
    Michael automated or not, people still want those tests.
    We shall understand we can't make those tests on our own machine in automated way, but you should process them anyway.
    I've already said it; I will not do such manual tests that are prone to inaccuracies, do not leverage PTS features, and are extremely time consuming. I already don't have enough time in a day for completing all of my work let alone any non-work enjoyment. Thus non-automated tests are ruled out especially when many of the people reading the results are AdBlockers, etc.