Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 329

Thread: Bickering Continues About NVIDIA Using DMA-BUF

  1. #71
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GT220 View Post
    I'm running a Kepler GPU now, a poor person like D0pamine could never afford anything but $50 Celeron and the HD2000 on older Sandy Bridge or HD2500 on the newer Ivy Bridge cores.

    And do try running your precious open source nouveau garbage on Kepler GPUs, it's quite a hilarious experience, ahh but oh well, you can't afford one anyway.

    i've got an 8 inch cock - your point is?

  2. #72
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by log0 View Post
    Believe it or not but linux still would be doing well even if nvidia ceased to exist tomorrow.
    Yes, doing well. As a router OS as it seems destined to remain.

  3. #73
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnc View Post
    Yes, doing well. As a router OS as it seems destined to remain.
    You don't think that you're exaggerating just a little bit?

  4. #74
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
    You don't think that you're exaggerating just a little bit?
    A little bit, yes. It is in refrigerators and toasters too after all.

  5. #75
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    57

    Default

    OSS drivers are unstable, if they weren't Mozilla wouldn't have to blacklist them in Firefox.

    But thats your typical OSS zealot behaviour, deny anything even in the face of damning evidence and lie about it.

  6. #76
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GT220 View Post
    OSS drivers are unstable, if they weren't Mozilla wouldn't have to blacklist them in Firefox.

    But thats your typical OSS zealot behaviour, deny anything even in the face of damning evidence and lie about it.

    wanna measure off?

  7. #77
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    201

    Default


  8. #78
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnc View Post
    Yes, doing well. As a router OS as it seems destined to remain.
    routers, server, supercomputers, cell phones, tablets, satellites, industrial controllers, embedded in general, clustering, scientific just to name few <---- fixed it for you

    about desktops well i don't know you but for me is a hell of desktop and i use r600g even to play wine games and it does everything i can do in OS X or windows but better[aka image editing(8bits) amateur, photo amateur, mail, dev in C++, video play all in 1080P, video editing amateur, openoffice, video encoding webm/h264, gaming mostly MMO, UML, debugging, web browsing and some more], so this post just prove that you don't have a clue in how use linux or im lots and lots smarter than you

    P.D for trolls
    android is linux, it just use a custom DE instead of the common x86 DE but everything behind the android gui is linux + a good part of the GNU stack and this those changes done to the vanilla kernel by google are being getting upstream since long ago

  9. #79
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnc View Post
    A little bit, yes. It is in refrigerators and toasters too after all.
    I see the problem now. Only Nvidia can save us from our toasted fate.

  10. #80
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GT220 View Post
    OSS drivers are unstable, if they weren't Mozilla wouldn't have to blacklist them in Firefox.

    But thats your typical OSS zealot behaviour, deny anything even in the face of damning evidence and lie about it.
    you got 7 of 10 in my trollmeter JAJAJAJAJA, better than average phoronix troll i must add, btw Nvidia upto 304.60 is blacklisted too in firefox 16 i have some quadro system here and to get accel in firefox 16 i need force_layers=true in config[same in chromium/opera].

    you miss 10/10 cuz you did good in trolling but failed miserably to check facts before troll so i deducted 3 points

    Best luck next time, your trollFU is still weak

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •