Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 48

Thread: NVIDIA 304.60 Driver Fixes Bugs

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
    So: GPL advocates are Nazis. Nvidia users are also Nazis. Everybody is a Nazi.

    Now we've arrived at the bottom of this... It has been really enlightening, we have all learned a lot.
    most people would say GPL advocates are communists-- but well yes

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

    Its a godwin's law that every forum thread goes bankrupted by a Hitler argument.

    And Iím not a god to break this natural law.

    I'm innocent!

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by necro-lover View Post

    .......................

    Here we go again with the walls of text.

    ""
    you just don't get what i mean because you don't know Gladio.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Gladio
    Gladio is what you are meaning.

    Gladio is your nvidia example fighting the "bad" in your case apple

    And this works in this way: you are the true good one (there is no question about this in this example) and you do have a enemy Apple/Communism then you try to fight them and you use Nvidia/Nazis in your "Gladio" army.

    And it works very well the communist lose every election some communists die but after 30 years you feel not so good because something wend wrong the nazis/nvidia did there own deal to and turn the power you gave them "money/Weapons" against you.

    The Gladio system broke because the less bad guys don't only fight against communism they also fight against your allies they killing your Tux penguin/jewish people .
    ""

    No, not knowing what Gladio is was only part of why I didn't understand. Thanks for explaining.
    If we take examples as far, maybe I should try to keep it related .. 0_o
    Quite simply, "tolerating" NVIDIA, at least within the boundaries of GPL, I don't seem as wrong, but as a way to bring more people to opensource. Besides, if they use Windows/Mac OS instead of Linux with proprietary drivers, which is best/worse i regard to freedom?
    This is the real world, compromises must be made. Maybe if Linux dominates we can make everything open, and I find this more likely than making everything open first. It also has to do with what is achievable.

    ""

    yes you can run x86 closed source software because loongson do have hardware acceleration for x86 you can use this in gemu.

    Also directX the card only support openGL but you can use wine to translate the directX calls into openGL calls.
    ""

    I was mostly referring to graphics performance specifically, should not forget about applications too like I did though. :-D

    ""
    Love fanaticism is also bad?
    ""

    I thought I was specific in the "any kind" part. You see, everything is good in the right quantity, even love. People claim to have killed others cause they loved too much.
    But anyway, we're not talking about love here.


    ""
    yes the answer is a question because you know it best how YOU can help the open-source driver team.
    And be sure its the best argument you ever dealt-with.
    ""

    Whatever help I can give, won't make it less than a few years or months(if I'm lucky and a lot of the foundation code/research etc is there already) till I can use my pc , by when I might have a new one. :-D
    Probably even if I sacrifice significant things in my life. Like kidneys, time, money(I don't have a ton of either). Among other things.
    And I'm talking about using a device .. Which I already paid for .. Ain't that enough? Though it was .. :P
    So better take the support I paid for and actually works for now.
    If I can contribute and find it worthy, I just might. But is it logical to have to contribute to use what you paid for?
    To be fair, I never paid for Linux. But Linux works(mostly? :-D), it's the drivers I have some issues with.(the ones in closed ones are more tolerable). And guess who makes those, mostly someone I did pay. Both open and closed in my case.


    ""
    you must be genius.. did not see it coming blowed my brain away...
    ""

    And another.
    Yes, I've been seeing the irony. Don't know by what standards this makes me a genius. Oh wait, it was more irony.


    ""
    yes Seriously the FOSS people will always fight back hard with words they are not slaves.
    ""

    The problem is when they "fight back hard with words" or whatever against other FOSS people?
    Or are you intentionally misinterpreting what I write?

    ""
    It was a roll-playing rhetorical style I did a imagination that you are the victim of the Nazis and you survive but not healthy the gas damaged your brain and now you talk to me ..... (it also was a kind of dirty joke)

    some smart people find this without explanation. Its a rhetorical style and I succeeded very much because you write here "you call me a nazi" but in fact I did not. This is the best case of all rhetorical wins because you are pissed and I can prove that I don't call you a Nazi.

    Its a win by your failure

    don't worry its not a big deal to lose a rhetorical battle against me.
    ""


    Oook ..
    Btw, don't if I've been more "righteous" than I should at parts, but go as far as say I'm pissed? nah ..
    Have to admit the mistake on my part though. But does this imply I'm brain damaged then, still not like it .. X_x
    True though, better leave rhetorical stuff for others, and stick with direct ways of communicating where I seem to do better(not necessarily well, but better ).
    Oh, and win? You win what and I lose what?
    I thought it was just a forum conversation, must have missed the prize ..


    Btw, sorry if it makes my text less readable(to any reader of it), I'm not very familiar with how to split it into multiple ways. I can, but I find the way I know inefficient.. And I'm lazy ..
    If there's some shortcut/trick/feature making it easier, I'd be glad to know.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by necro-lover View Post
    most people would say GPL advocates are communists-- but well yes

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

    Its a godwin's law that every forum thread goes bankrupted by a Hitler argument.

    And Iím not a god to break this natural law.

    I'm innocent!

    Well you mentioned the nazis?
    GPL is not communist. GPL actually advocates freedom(ok, it's a license, it can't advocate much on it's own, but the point should be obvious).
    Communism probably does the opposite, giving more power to less people in the end. You don't even have property of your things, someone governing you has.
    I'm pretty sure I've understood this part good enough, although I'm not a politics genius, so I'm liable to mistakes here.
    There's actually a philosophy if I'm not mistaken called Ubuntu(nothing to do with Canonical etc) or contributionism.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Is it just me or did this forum get invaded by some kind of paranoid conspiracy theorist trolls out to get nvidia? Or does asdx just have several profiles... Can't believe I'm reading this crap in an nvidia driver update thread

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rigaldo View Post
    Here we go again with the walls of text.

    No, not knowing what Gladio is was only part of why I didn't understand. Thanks for explaining.
    If we take examples as far, maybe I should try to keep it related ..
    Quite simply, "tolerating" NVIDIA, at least within the boundaries of GPL, I don't seem as wrong, but as a way to bring more people to opensource. Besides, if they use Windows/Mac OS instead of Linux with proprietary drivers, which is best/worse i regard to freedom?
    This is the real world, compromises must be made. Maybe if Linux dominates we can make everything open, and I find this more likely than making everything open first. It also has to do with what is achievable.

    ""

    yes you can run x86 closed source software because loongson do have hardware acceleration for x86 you can use this in gemu.

    Also directX the card only support openGL but you can use wine to translate the directX calls into openGL calls.
    ""

    I was mostly referring to graphics performance specifically, should not forget about applications too like I did though.

    ""
    Love fanaticism is also bad?
    ""

    I thought I was specific in the "any kind" part. You see, everything is good in the right quantity, even love. People claim to have killed others cause they loved too much.
    But anyway, we're not talking about love here.


    ""
    yes the answer is a question because you know it best how YOU can help the open-source driver team.
    And be sure its the best argument you ever dealt-with.
    ""

    Whatever help I can give, won't make it less than a few years or months(if I'm lucky and a lot of the foundation code/research etc is there already) till I can use my pc , by when I might have a new one.
    Probably even if I sacrifice significant things in my life. Like kidneys, time, money(I don't have a ton of either). Among other things.
    And I'm talking about using a device .. Which I already paid for .. Ain't that enough? Though it was .. :P
    So better take the support I paid for and actually works for now.
    If I can contribute and find it worthy, I just might. But is it logical to have to contribute to use what you paid for?
    To be fair, I never paid for Linux. But Linux works(mostly? ), it's the drivers I have some issues with.(the ones in closed ones are more tolerable). And guess who makes those, mostly someone I did pay. Both open and closed in my case.


    ""
    you must be genius.. did not see it coming blowed my brain away...
    ""

    And another.
    Yes, I've been seeing the irony. Don't know by what standards this makes me a genius. Oh wait, it was more irony.


    ""
    yes Seriously the FOSS people will always fight back hard with words they are not slaves.
    ""

    The problem is when they "fight back hard with words" or whatever against other FOSS people?
    Or are you intentionally misinterpreting what I write?

    ""
    It was a roll-playing rhetorical style I did a imagination that you are the victim of the Nazis and you survive but not healthy the gas damaged your brain and now you talk to me ..... (it also was a kind of dirty joke)

    some smart people find this without explanation. Its a rhetorical style and I succeeded very much because you write here "you call me a nazi" but in fact I did not. This is the best case of all rhetorical wins because you are pissed and I can prove that I don't call you a Nazi.

    Its a win by your failure

    don't worry its not a big deal to lose a rhetorical battle against me.
    ""


    Oook ..
    Btw, don't if I've been more "righteous" than I should at parts, but go as far as say I'm pissed? nah ..
    Have to admit the mistake on my part though. But does this imply I'm brain damaged then, still not like it ..
    True though, better leave rhetorical stuff for others, and stick with direct ways of communicating where I seem to do better(not necessarily well, but better ).
    Oh, and win? You win what and I lose what?
    I thought it was just a forum conversation, must have missed the prize ..


    Btw, sorry if it makes my text less readable(to any reader of it), I'm not very familiar with how to split it into multiple ways. I can, but I find the way I know inefficient.. And I'm lazy ..
    If there's some shortcut/trick/feature making it easier, I'd be glad to know.
    "Oook ..
    Btw, don't if I've been more "righteous" than I should at parts, but go as far as say I'm pissed? nah ..
    Have to admit the mistake on my part though. But does this imply I'm brain damaged then, still not like it .. X_x"

    in fact I won so hard you can never recover from this because you shot a GAME-OVER. Also Logic is not your strength what if this all was my evil plan to make you pissed in the long run? In the end you had a little small idea how it works and your "admit" makes my strike a multiple one and you lose multiple times. Because in Logic how can it be in another way? the "Imply"? also you fall into that trap multiple times and you "admit" it.
    Next mistake you will do is your admit that your logic is absent.
    But I protect you from falling into this trap also by telling you this directly.
    And the next one will be that you admit that I really pissed you off.

    "Oh, and win? You win what and I lose what?
    I thought it was just a forum conversation, must have missed the prize .."

    The prize is simple: I'm right you are wrong no matter what.
    But I think its not a good idea to teach you the secret of human communication.

    "True though, better leave rhetorical stuff for others, and stick with direct ways of communicating where I seem to do better(not necessarily well, but better )."

    Then maybe better write with other people? maybe write with bridgman ?

    "The problem is when they "fight back hard with words" or whatever against other FOSS people?
    Or are you intentionally misinterpreting what I write? "

    if you are using the closed source nvidia driver you are not a FOSS dude,

    "And another.
    Yes, I've been seeing the irony. Don't know by what standards this makes me a genius. Oh wait, it was more irony. "

    Go more advance now its your turn to impress me. Just try.

    "Whatever help I can give, won't make it less than a few years or months(if I'm lucky and a lot of the foundation code/research etc is there already) till I can use my pc , by when I might have a new one. :-D
    Probably even if I sacrifice significant things in my life. Like kidneys, time, money(I don't have a ton of either). Among other things.
    And I'm talking about using a device .. Which I already paid for .. Ain't that enough? Though it was .. :P
    So better take the support I paid for and actually works for now.
    If I can contribute and find it worthy, I just might. But is it logical to have to contribute to use what you paid for?
    To be fair, I never paid for Linux. But Linux works(mostly? :-D), it's the drivers I have some issues with.(the ones in closed ones are more tolerable). And guess who makes those, mostly someone I did pay. Both open and closed in my case."

    now answer me one question did i ask the right question if your answer is so long ?

    "I thought I was specific in the "any kind" part. You see, everything is good in the right quantity, even love. People claim to have killed others cause they loved too much.
    But anyway, we're not talking about love here.
    "

    sure we do because FOSS is love for other people and closed source is hate for other people. taste the difference.

    "I was mostly referring to graphics performance specifically, should not forget about applications too like I did though. :-D"

    there are no informations about this tropic.

    "No, not knowing what Gladio is was only part of why I didn't understand. Thanks for explaining.
    If we take examples as far, maybe I should try to keep it related .. 0_o
    Quite simply, "tolerating" NVIDIA, at least within the boundaries of GPL, I don't seem as wrong, but as a way to bring more people to opensource. Besides, if they use Windows/Mac OS instead of Linux with proprietary drivers, which is best/worse i regard to freedom?
    This is the real world, compromises must be made. Maybe if Linux dominates we can make everything open, and I find this more likely than making everything open first. It also has to do with what is achievable."

    to stay in the Gladio slang: there is no way to tolerate a Nazi(Nvidia)

    Freedom always need to be defended against Nazis

    "Here we go again with the walls of text. "

    isn't it effective ?

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arokh View Post
    Is it just me or did this forum get invaded by some kind of paranoid conspiracy theorist trolls out to get nvidia? Or does asdx just have several profiles... Can't believe I'm reading this crap in an nvidia driver update thread
    whats wrong buddy? no I'm not ASDX thats for sure.

    And what do you mean with "some kind of paranoid conspiracy theorist trolls out to get nvidia? Or" ?

    why do you think such a bad stuff?

    and another question: why in hell do you read my stuff if you don't like it ?

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by necro-lover View Post

    ................................

    ""
    in fact I won so hard you can never recover from this because you shot a GAME-OVER. Also Logic is not your strength what if this all was my evil plan to make you pissed in the long run? In the end you had a little small idea how it works and your "admit" makes my strike a multiple one and you lose multiple times. Because in Logic how can it be in another way? the "Imply"? also you fall into that trap multiple times and you "admit" it.
    Next mistake you will do is your admit that your logic is absent.
    But I protect you from falling into this trap also by telling you this directly.
    And the next one will be that you admit that I really pissed you off.
    ""

    I'm glad you're happy you won a virtual match I was never taking part in.
    No, I won't admit you pissed me off, cause you didn't. Wait, you must have predicted already.
    So that was purpose? We kinda(mostly you I'd say :P) went out of topic on the way, just saying. So I guess this is why?

    What's the trap again with imply?

    You win so hard, you need to explain that you did, cause no-one else gets it or thinks you did I'd say ..

    ""

    It was a roll-playing rhetorical style I did a imagination that you are the victim of the Nazis and you survive but not healthy the gas damaged your brain and now you talk to me ..... (it also was a kind of dirty joke)
    ""

    Maybe I read wrong there and I still do. But I don't actually. :-)
    Then tell why you'd say all that if you don't mean that. Maybe to make me say that you called me that, and then "you win". Lol, that's a weird/unusual way to have fun I guess?

    ""
    The prize is simple: I'm right you are wrong no matter what.
    But I think its not a good idea to teach you the secret of human communication.
    ""

    So I guess you really are bored or something like that and pretend to "win" at forums. If it got you some satisfaction out of this, good for you. No other prize to be won, and nothing I lost. I obviously wanted to waste a bit of my time as well since I was writing here in the first place.


    ""
    Then maybe better write with other people? maybe write with bridgman ?
    ""


    I'll just not go the "rhetorical" way or whatever, that a problem?


    ""
    if you are using the closed source nvidia driver you are not a FOSS dude,
    ""

    I give up on explaining this one, you intentionally misinterprete what I write anyway and truly do not care about what I was saying. When you do I can tell you what I meant in the first place, but "rhetorical battles" are apparently more important to you. :-)
    I mean there's no point in giving a counter example, you've missed the point entirely, talking about different things.


    ""
    Go more advance now its your turn to impress me. Just try.
    ""

    Not trying to. :-P


    ""
    there are no informations about this tropic.
    ""

    Too bad, would love to know.


    ""
    to stay in the Gladio slang: there is no way to tolerate a Nazi(Nvidia)

    Freedom always need to be defended against Nazis
    ""

    Wish it works out well. Lol, seriously calling NVIDIA nazis.


    ""
    isn't it effective ?
    ""

    In what?



    ""
    and another question: why in hell do you read my stuff if you don't like it ?
    ""

    How would he know whether he likes it before reading Mr. Logical.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    315

    Default

    "Rigaldo:I'm glad you're happy you won a virtual match I was never taking part in. "

    Intention? what if i won the match because you was never a part of my Intention?
    You tried so hard to not be a part of it but watch the thread you are a part of it.

    "No, I won't admit you pissed me off, cause you didn't. Wait, you must have predicted already."

    LOL naive pupped. be sure i can predict your acting 5 steps in the future.
    What if i already calculate your step... and I already predicted it anyway...
    What if my intention is exactly your "acting" ?
    Are you really think is taking care about your feelings ? Who are you anyway? Who cares anyway?

    "So that was purpose? We kinda(mostly you I'd say :P) went out of topic on the way, just saying. So I guess this is why?
    What's the trap again with imply?"

    You already fall into the trap I imply.

    now you are sad ?

    "You win so hard, you need to explain that you did, cause no-one else gets it or thinks you did I'd say .. "

    i don't think so. but i won't tell you why you are wrong.



    "Maybe I read wrong there and I still do. But I don't actually. :-)
    Then tell why you'd say all that if you don't mean that. Maybe to make me say that you called me that, and then "you win". Lol, that's a weird/unusual way to have fun I guess?"

    fun for me maybe but other people are not so happy right?

    are you sad because you are a victim ?



    "So I guess you really are bored or something like that and pretend to "win" at forums. If it got you some satisfaction out of this, good for you. No other prize to be won, and nothing I lost. I obviously wanted to waste a bit of my time as well since I was writing here in the first place."

    wrong intention but try again


    "I'll just not go the "rhetorical" way or whatever, that a problem?"

    maybe you just don't go ?


    "I give up on explaining this one, you intentionally misinterprete what I write anyway and truly do not care about what I was saying. When you do I can tell you what I meant in the first place, but "rhetorical battles" are apparently more important to you. :-)
    I mean there's no point in giving a counter example, you've missed the point entirely, talking about different things."

    you are just full of excuses you bought the wrong notebook and because of the wrong notebook you blame the opensource driver to be bad and don't fit your needs and then you use the closed source driver and thats your dirty little secret thats your intention you just want to blame opensource user and developers and you want to use the nvidia stuff.

    its sad but thats your complete psychological overall intention.



    "Not trying to. :-P"

    wow.,. you are really nothing more than a punching bag.


    "Wish it works out well. Lol, seriously calling NVIDIA nazis."

    why not? aren't they Nazis?


    "In what?"

    what do you think ? in what ?



    "How would he know whether he likes it before reading Mr. Logical. "

    thats not the important part. i know it thatís the only important think.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,615

    Default

    Is it just me or is updating video drivers on Ubuntu a lot less annoying than on Windows? Sans maybe the fact that Windows doesn't require a reboot.

    And on Windows they just leave the old driver versions hanging around.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    245

    Default

    @necro-lover

    ""
    you are just full of excuses you bought the wrong notebook and because of the wrong notebook you blame the opensource driver to be bad and don't fit your needs and then you use the closed source driver and thats your dirty little secret thats your intention you just want to blame opensource user and developers and you want to use the nvidia stuff.

    its sad but thats your complete psychological overall intention.
    ""

    That's true, I think having an NVIDIA notebook would likely work out better on some things. Not with open source drivers, still.
    People can use open or closed drivers as much as they want, non of my concern, my concern is when they say I shouldn't use either one.

    Sad? SAD FOR YOUUU!! (few may get it)

    As for the rest, I either don't make much sense of it or there's no point in answering anymore. If you want, count it as a victory for your "rhetorical battles" or whatever. I truly thought in the beginning you might want to talk on topic too, whatever. Truly I was wondering where you'd end up though.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •