Thread: Intel Beignet Open-Source OpenCL Support Is Getting Better

Default Intel Beignet Open-Source OpenCL Support Is Getting Better

Phoronix: Intel Beignet Open-Source OpenCL Support Is Getting Better

Beignet as the open-source project to provide Intel OpenCL support that works with Intel's open-source Linux graphics driver stack is beginning to show signs of maturity and progress so that Intel Linux desktop users can finally begin exploiting the GPGPU potential of their hardware...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTcwMTk

I can't wait for the next release. If Arch could put the Gallium OpenCL statetracker in core Mesa, I could mine doge on *two* chips! And spend more money in power than I make...

2015 is going to be fantastic for Linux development, though, because you can start safely assuming OpenCL availability regardless of driver or GPU, with the exception of Sandy Bridge parts...

Quote Originally Posted by zanny View Post
    I can't wait for the next release. If Arch could put the Gallium OpenCL statetracker in core Mesa, I could mine doge on *two* chips! And spend more money in power than I make...

2015 is going to be fantastic for Linux development, though, because you can start safely assuming OpenCL availability regardless of driver or GPU, with the exception of Sandy Bridge parts...
    One could also assume OpenCL support on every PC. If anything, this can be used in addition to dedicated GPUs. I can't wait for this because then I can send programs that use OpenCL to my friends who don't have dedicated GPUs.