Thread: Arch 2012.11.01 Switches To Linux 3.6 Kernel

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by ninez View Post

That's funny. Your problem sounded like it was simple to fix (and may have even been caused by human error). But the funnier part is your expectation of Archlinux ~ Clearly, it's not the distribution for you when you can't even solve a conflict or are confronted with having to do something yourself to resolve a problem. ie: manual intervention - and there is nothing wrong with that, you obviously need a lot of 'hand-holding', so sticking with Windows is probably better for you.
    I get the feeling Im being mocked at.

ANYWAY,

I don't need a lot of hand-holding so to speak: just a little is sufficient. Heck, i always compile my own kernel and wifi drivers for Fedora, OpenSUSE and Mageia from source, along with almost every important userland application i use on a regular basis (Firefox, Thunderbird, aMSN, Xchat, HexChat), completely bypassing the package manager save for MySQL, postgreSQL and LibreOffice.

Windows is my choice simply because of the vast amount of vendor-suppplied drivers for the variety of desktop accessories and pheripherals out there (especially printers and fully-functional launch-day driver support for most hardware), along with Office, Visual Studio, VISIO and the Windows Live suite; these are the things which I cannot live without, and are also the things FOSS have failed to dethrone even after so many years. Example: to date i still get pissed at the current version LibreOffice for making it so difficult to align tables and images to a document, or for not being able to set the orientation of one single page from a 10-page portrait report to landscape style; tasks which were do-able with 1 click since Office 2003.
    Last edited by Sonadow; 11-04-2012 at 01:20 AM.