Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 38

Thread: Benchmarking NVIDIA's R310 Linux Driver Improvements

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Licaon View Post
    Yeah, not a great CPU, AMD Athlon II X3 450 @ 3.2GHz, I might try a 1280x1024 versus just for kicks, that should avoid a CPU bottleneck?


    By chance the max FPS is around 60, just a coincidence, I know that nVidia sets Vsync ON by default and that's the way a use it anyway, but no, I disable Vsync everytime I run benches.
    Check the frame to frame latencies; that should show if you're bottlenecking or not.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bug77 View Post
    I wonder what this means for Windows drivers, because the performance of Linux drivers was very close to them. And now the Linux performance got better.
    The 310 drivers for Windows include a significant performance boost there, too, according to the NVIDIA driver changelog. It took all of 10 seconds to Google that, likely less time than it took you to write your post. They're showing very significant improvements for some poorly-written games (e.g. Skyrim) and a still respectable 3-6% improvement for a number of already well-optimized (mostly hardware-limited) games. (All on Direct3D; NVIDIA didn't mention OpenGL performance numbers for Windows for these drivers.)

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elanthis View Post
    The 310 drivers for Windows include a significant performance boost there, too, according to the NVIDIA driver changelog. It took all of 10 seconds to Google that, likely less time than it took you to write your post. They're showing very significant improvements for some poorly-written games (e.g. Skyrim) and a still respectable 3-6% improvement for a number of already well-optimized (mostly hardware-limited) games. (All on Direct3D; NVIDIA didn't mention OpenGL performance numbers for Windows for these drivers.)
    nvidia mentioned? so this are nvidias statements about the performance increase and no benchmarks? in that case i would eat that claims carefully.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    24

    Default Article takes forever to load

    Looks like the problem is openbenchmarking.org being very slow to respond

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    604

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackout23 View Post
    Nice minimum 20% boost across the board. Sometimes even 25%.

    Valve should do their "Faster Zombies" test with L4D2 on Linux vs. Windows 7 again.
    Which ended 315 vs. 270 FPS in favor of Linux with OpenGL. Wonder it would score 378 FPS now on Linux.
    Actually i believe that *this* is the special custom beta driver that Valve used to do those tests...and only now was released to the masses.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gamerk2 View Post
    Check the frame to frame latencies; that should show if you're bottlenecking or not.
    could you detail this? what tool and such?

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by a user View Post
    nvidia mentioned? so this are nvidias statements about the performance increase and no benchmarks? in that case i would eat that claims carefully.
    Nevermind there's a whole article conforming nvidia's claims (for linux), haters gonna hate.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    6

    Default

    I wonder what this means for Windows drivers, because the performance of Linux drivers was very close to them. And now the Linux performance got better
    Last edited by Leslie508; 11-08-2012 at 09:20 PM.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    233

    Default

    Next will we see an optimized and bug-free Catalyst Linux driver?
    As if the nvidia driver is bug-free? Stop trolling Micheal.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    89

    Default

    waiting for AMD to counter. if not, my next card is an Nvidia one ... I am partialy to Nvidia already but low prices on AMD cards do still mess up the decision.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •